Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

Spade18

Shamelessly stolen from @diamond_ace

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Aces?

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc?

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team?

@Laflamme @Aiden G @troy @Talia03 @DomWalton90 @Sami K @Tagger @Burzawa

Edited by Spade18

I'm gonna help out my former team with some extra questions.

1. What did you think of the Aces last season?

2. Can the Aces win the Cup? Why or why not?

3. Who is your favourite teammate so far?

4. What songs or music do you listen to in order to get hyped before a game?

5. Worst road trip experience?

1. Congrats on landing Sergei Kovalev, are you excited to have him on the team?

2. Vegas is looking good with the recent pick ups, cup run perhaps?

3. McDonalds or Burger king?

4. Who will be the Aces top Scorer? 

5. Do you think Kovalev will be on the Aces for one season or 2?

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Aces? I am extremely excited. Going to be a great run once i get put in the line-up :ph34r: 

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine Hoping for Seattle or NY

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after? Sniper 

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc? this all would be nice, although we will see what happens. 

5. Member-wise: favorite hockey team? nhl? NYR  VHL? there is a few :ph34r:

I only have to answer 3 for the TPE even in the team threads right?

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Aces?

I feel great about joining the Aces. While it was a short stay in the role, I put in a lot of effort as the General Manager of that team and it was easily the most fun experience I have had in the VHLM, so going back there and supporting our current GM @Spade18, who was a great member to have on the team, felt like the most natural move for me to make.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

I don't know how likely any of these are to happening (not that familiar with current VHL team standings) but I would say right now, my top 3 (in no order) are:

- Helsinki - I've been on every team (including both of the contracted franchises) except this one, so this would feel like the finishing line of a grand tour around the VHL

- New York - The franchise that I have the most history with, I'd love to mark my return to the VHL by playing a part on the team that had my most successful player.

- Quebec - To play for @Beaviss, who is probably the best new member the league has had in a long while and given that he started on my Las Vegas Aces team, I'm exceptionally proud of his efforts and success.

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

I'm leaning towards being a pure scorer, kinda similar to what Reencarnacion was but without being as physical as I know that the update scale is a lot tougher than it used to be so making a two-way player when I don't intend to hold a job would probably be a bit too ambitious. 

4. Long term goals? Cups, HOF, etc? @Spade18

While I would obviously love to get into the HOF for a second time, I'm not going to get carried away thinking about the idea just now. Given my late start, my lower commitment and my lower recreate TPE, I wouldn't be too surprised if it took me more than a full VHL season to get to the TPE I entered the draft at with Reencarnacion, even with the increased TPE cap, so I think making the Hall will be a stretch. I feel like the goal for Preencarnacion will be making a long term player who gives consistent contribution to a team.

2. Can the Aces win the Cup? Why or why not? @Dangles13

When I go back to my first Season as General Manager of the Aces back in Season 55, I think it shows that with players showing the right commitment, a team can turn even the worst season into a very productive one in the playoffs. We entered the Semi-Final with the Storm that season having only won three games out of eighteen against them during the regular season, yet wound up beating them in a seven game series. So while we may not be one of the strongest teams at the minute given that there were a lot of teams with fuller rosters, there's no reason to believe we can't make a good push if we keep at it.

5. Worst road trip experience?

Back when I was known as Edwin Encarnacion, I remember we were travelling on a coach to play the Cologne Express and, I don't know what came over me, but I decided to take a shit right in the middle of the coach. So obviously it smelt awful, people weren't happy and so I went about fixing it. Apparently there were better ways of cleaning it up than setting the coach on fire, team were even more annoyed with me while we were on the walk from Berlin to Cologne. 

Worst part is Cologne didn't even smell nice when I got there.

@Laflamme

1. Congrats on landing Sergei Kovalev, are you excited to have him on the team? Obviously we're thrilled to have Kovalev on the team.  Any time you can add a game breaking sniper to your team, you're not only adding goals, you're adding wins. On top of that, his agent has a long history of representing top talent.  We're happy that The Aces will be on his resume.    

2. Vegas is looking good with the recent pick ups, cup run perhaps? With the right work, Yes, Ithink this team can make a deep run.  We have supremely talented players who will be getting all the ice time they can ask for.  If you want to win the cup, they just need to work for it.

3. McDonalds or Burger king? Burger King by far.  Chicken fries and icees? fuck yes.  Though they took a significant turn for the worse when they changed their fries a few years back.

4. Who will be the Aces top Scorer? I think it will be a tight race between Kovalev and Preencarnacion.  Both are high skilled scorers who will fill the net this year.  Preenacarnacion may have the leg up simply because he will have more games under his belt.

5. Do you think Kovalev will be on the Aces for one season or 2? While as a GM I would jealously like to have Kovalev two seasons, I understand that our league is about graduating players to the big time.  And it would reflect very well on the Aces to have Kovalev here just the one year.

1. Pretty good start so far to the season. Are you happy with the results so far?

2. We notice the vegas NHL team is doing amazing in the playoffs is the hometown fire impacting on the Aces play aswell?

3. You guys have been playing Yukon alot would you say they are becoming a rival ?

4. Think Vegas will have any top 10 prospects for the upcoming draft?

5. We heard Rayne got a DUI the other night will this impact the team or even his career?

• 4 weeks later...

1. Despite finishing last in the regular standings, you managed to make it to the Semi-Finals, would you consider this an upset or did you feel evenly matched with Yukon heading into the game?

2. How do you fancy your chances against Bryce Zhields and the Saskatoon Wild?

3. A recent VHL.com article questioned the purpose of the VHLM, as someone currently involved with a VHLM team, what are your thoughts on the league?

4. The S61 Draft is fast approaching, who do you think will be the number one selection in the draft?

5. Edwin Preencarnacion is currently sitting at 100+ TPE and will be eligible for the next VHLM Draft, how early do you project he will go in that draft?