Toronto Legion - A Visit of Past and Present

pennypenny

The last time the Toronto Legion won the Continental Cup was 10 seasons ago in S50. In the previous 10 seasons, the team has not reached the finals, and they're currently on record for 2 wins, 18 losses. The team is in shambles, and there is no doubt that the players on the team are feeling like there is no goal in sight. Locker room insiders tell me that Jakub Pastrnak - a Czech export is frustrated with how the team is performing. Quote, "It is so angry to feel so many goals against. My plus minus is already -45 and I have only score 6 points. They play me rough too, playing me 25, 30, 35 minutes a game. I wish I was not having to suffer every game."  Pastrnak is currently on pace for one of the worst plus minus differentials in the league - a career worst of -45 in 20 games.

Toronto was not always like this. It was only those 10 seasons ago that they had won in game 7 of the Continental Cup finals, where Zach Parechkin scored in the 2nd OT - winning the game 3-2. They had won the previous 2 seasons as well, both in game 5 fashion. There is no doubt that the Toronto fans are feeling a sense of loss that their once legendary team has fallen to historically bad levels.

But there is hope for Toronto. Despite their poor start, and more than likely career year in failure. Toronto fans stay optimistic as their basketball and baseball team still succeed in their respective sports.

As legendary WHA player Wayne Gretzky would say: "I am score." and that may exactly be what Toronto does in future seasons.

288 words

Edited by pennypenny
fixing fact

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Toronto was kinda unlucky against Seattle last two seasons. now it's rebuild time for them

Toronto has an opportunity to get some solid draftees in the next couple of drafts, so they may soon come back to their glory.

5 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

This penny guys a future stud off to a torrid start updating keep it up!

Probably the best since me if I say so myself

Edited by Beaviss

Fellas, fellas, we both know the reason I am doing as well as I am is because I get pucks in deep, play the boards, and just y'know get more goals against the opposing team than goals against us.

You're ALL equally worthy :)

Edited by pennypenny

42 minutes ago, pennypenny said:

Toronto has an opportunity to get some solid draftees in the next couple of drafts, so they may soon come back to their glory.

Presently, they're on their way to helping Seattle with a Top 4 pick in the upcoming draft. Don't mind if we do. 

ECbNv8A.gif