Future Studs: Robert Malenko

Gooningitup

Undrafted Robert Malenko joined later than many. That has not stopped him from flying up the draft board. Robert Malenko, is slowly hitting the likes of Colton Rayne, and Keaton Louth both of who are first gens who have become stars in the VHL and represented by all star agencies. 

Malenko is always eager to improve, looking for ways to get on the ice more. Eager to put up big points, and contribute to the lockerroom. Malenko has all the makings of a future star and teams need to keep an eye in him those who miss out on the top tier like Gate, Thompson. 

The biggest flaw he has might be patience as a young player its no suprise that his early struggles to put up points has him concerned. However he just needs to keep putting the nose to the grind stone and keep working the results will come unless he becomes Keaton Louth(jk). 

@pennypenny

Edited by Gooningitup

17 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Undrafted Robert Malenko joined later than many. That has not stopped him from flying up the draft board. Robert Malenko, is slowly hitting the likes of Colton Rayne, and Keaton Louth both of who are first gens who have become stars in the VHL and represented by all star agencies. 

Malenko is always eager to improve, looking for ways to get on the ice more. Eager to put up big points, and contribute to the lockerroom. Malenko has all the makings of a future star and teams need to keep an eye in him those who miss out on the top tier like Gate, Thompson. 

The biggest flaw he has might be patience as a young player its no suprise that his early struggles to put up points has him concerned. However he just needs to keep putting the nose to the grind stone and keep working the results will come unless he becomes Keaton Louth(jk). 

@pennypenny

As someone else who's first player was a defenseman, I can sympathize.  I wanted to gain 150 tpe a week and do 6 media spots , 4 articles, and anything else I could, cause I wanted my defenseman to be slaying forwards in the points race.

But @pennypenny is on the right track, getting a job within the league, doing Media spots as often as possible, posting in the fantasy zone.  A little bit of patience will go a long way to making an incredible player.   

Future VHLM GM?

We'll see XD

Edited by Spade18

1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

As someone else who's first player was a defenseman, I can sympathize.  I wanted to gain 150 tpe a week and do 6 media spots , 4 articles, and anything else I could, cause I wanted my defenseman to be slaying forwards in the points race.

But @pennypenny is on the right track, getting a job within the league, doing Media spots as often as possible, posting in the fantasy zone.  A little bit of patience will go a long way to making an incredible player.   

Future VHLM GM?

We'll see XD

He will be taking your job if your team keeps preforming this way ?

1 hour ago, Gooningitup said:

@pennypenny

This stung....

4 hours ago, Spade18 said:

Future VHLM GM?

We'll see XD

My first guy was D, but he was super defensive. I didn't want points, I wanted shot blocks, and to a lesser extent hits. Unfortunately, STHS doesn't really do well for that type of player, and I had 956 TPE but played like I had 500.

Actually, Lawson is the first guy I've had that I've built to primarily be a scorer. Intranquilo was defensive D, Marcellin was playmaker/two way center, Brookside was goalie, Hyvarinen was supposed to be a slightly more balanced D but still lean defensive (and it seemed to be working better in the sim than Intranquilo, except I didn't keep him going) and Hrdina was just a failure all the way around. I'm doing a scorer now because it's the one thing I haven't done or at least attempted.

7 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

My first guy was D, but he was super defensive. I didn't want points, I wanted shot blocks, and to a lesser extent hits. Unfortunately, STHS doesn't really do well for that type of player, and I had 956 TPE but played like I had 500.

Actually, Lawson is the first guy I've had that I've built to primarily be a scorer. Intranquilo was defensive D, Marcellin was playmaker/two way center, Brookside was goalie, Hyvarinen was supposed to be a slightly more balanced D but still lean defensive (and it seemed to be working better in the sim than Intranquilo, except I didn't keep him going) and Hrdina was just a failure all the way around. I'm doing a scorer now because it's the one thing I haven't done or at least attempted.

The irony is Vlad my defensive defender played better than Pavel who had to change over to d and was more offensive lol. Sergei is hands down my best player but i also havent put in this much work before 

6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

The irony is Vlad my defensive defender played better than Pavel who had to change over to d and was more offensive lol. Sergei is hands down my best player but i also havent put in this much work before 

If I remember correctly, Vlad was physical first, defensive second (and obviously offensive behind both of them). Physically defensive works with STHS to an extent. Intranquilo was more "defensive awareness/positional play" defensive, then physical, but it's not something that works well in the system. Basically, the type of guy who if we'd gone with the version that had GA/TA, would have dominated GA/TA. I had defense maxed while half my stats were still at 70 or below. I also didn't put even a single point into scoring until I had about 400 TPE. It was a weird build to start off with but I enjoyed it, despite no success.

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

its funny, because i originally built rayne to be a defensive defenseman.  and even now thats more of my focus, but he's putting up good points... so...

:th_berniewtf:

6 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

its funny, because i originally built rayne to be a defensive defenseman.  and even now thats more of my focus, but he's putting up good points... so...

:th_berniewtf:

More than Louth....