NHL Player Battle Spam Thread

Devise

Doesn't matter, Jagr is still one of the best and if you can't notice that you may want to start watching a different sport cause this one ain't really being understood by yourself.

Fuck that. I'm going back to VHL, plus Chico is a scrub.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Cam Fowler?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said he wasn't great talent wise, I said saying he was better than Lemieux is an insult and saying he is a class act is wrong.  That's all I said, just with a lot more words and statistics.  He wouldn't be 7th all time in scoring if he wasn't good, but he isn't better than Mario.  And you can reel in that holier than thou pick another sport bullshit because any kind of fan is allowed to watch a sport, casual or hardcore it doesn't matter it's for entertainment.

I read a really good article by THN about Jagr earlier this season and how half the fans in the league love him and half hate him because of his arrogant attitude but I couldn't find it because it was a while ago and it's pretty late so I don't feel like hunting it down.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson, I just think he is a better all around defender even though I love Cam America have to go with OEL

Ekman-Larsson or Hedman?

I never said he wasn't great talent wise, I said saying he was better than Lemieux is an insult and saying he is a class act is wrong.  That's all I said, just with a lot more words and statistics.  He wouldn't be 7th all time in scoring if he wasn't good, but he isn't better than Mario.  And you can reel in that holier than thou pick another sport bullshit because any kind of fan is allowed to watch a sport, casual or hardcore it doesn't matter it's for entertainment.

I read a really good article by THN about Jagr earlier this season and how half the fans in the league love him and half hate him because of his arrogant attitude but I couldn't find it because it was a while ago and it's pretty late so I don't feel like hunting it down.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson, I just think he is a better all around defender even though I love Cam America have to go with OEL

Ekman-Larsson or Hedman?

1. Jagr is very quiet and true to himself. Western media portrays that as full of it or a snub.

2. Devise said Jagr was in the top 5 but he never listed all 5 if you go back and check.

3. I said pick another sport cause you basically just said Devise isn't a real Caps fan cause his opinion is different. If you're going to question someone like that or disrespect them at least be active on this site. Instead of coming here to slash his views.

4. Jagr arrogant? Than THN must have a problem with 50% of the NHL brass and if that's the case they may want to look at what arrogant is.

Ekman-Larsson. More Mobile.

Ekman-Larsson or Erik Karlsson.

Kind of ironic that Meg you consider Jagr classless for demanding to be traded when you demand to be traded more than any VHL player in history. 

I go with Ekman-Larsson. I think his defensive game is actually better, but that one is a very close battle.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Ryan McDonaugh

I've demanded a trade twice, once when IR took over Riga because I think he is a bad GM and once when Greg traded for me which I felt awful for in hindsight  because he was actually being super nice and trying to make things work but I was, you know, 14 and wasn't listening to him because I was, you know, 14.  Hey at least my teams can get something for me and I don't roll out in free agency after they traded for me to be their franchise goalie.  For the record in the 6 years I have been doing sim leagues, and the 5 that I have been on VHL, I have requested to be traded twice when I was still a kid.  Not even claiming to not be a kid right now even, but this is fake and this is for fun.  He was an adult putting his teams at a disadvantage because he was selfish and arrogant.  His actions had real life repercussions.  You can say all you want about how I act on here but I have never gotten in trouble in real life or demanded anything for that matter because who am I to make those demands.  I am not better than the person I would be demanding the things from, I am not above the rules that apply for everyone else, I am certainly aware of how my actions would effect the people I am demanding these things from.  I fully understand how my actions and my bitching might effect other people, which shockingly I figured out probably when I got my first job and you know things you do actually effect other people.  You know how when people are arrested as teenagers, unless they are tried as adults, their record is wiped clean when they turn 18?  Yeah I've had 1 player since I've turned 18 and I haven't done anything like that with him.  You know even if I did decide to leave a team during free agency it wouldn't really matter because no one would trade a large amount for me because I am very honest about my value as a player.  I guess you don't realize your actions effect other people which is probably why you don't see Jagr as a bad guy.  Maybe one day you'll see the light, but if it hasn't happened yet when will it happen?

McDonagh defensive game just too raw, I love love love him even if he plays for the Rangers lol

McDonagh or Girardi to build a defense around right now 

I guess you don't realize your actions effect other people which is probably why you don't see Jagr as a bad guy.  Maybe one day you'll see the light, but if it hasn't happened yet when will it happen?

Well this screams stupidity. Jagr is in a business where the job is to win and achieve greatness. He plays in a job he gets paid to do and if he has the right to leave through free agency he can. If he demands a trade because the working environment sucks? You can't blame him. You butthurt because he left Washington doesn't make him a bad person by any means. Hell if I was a player I would leave a franchise that I wasn't succeeding in to my standards. How many Cups did they win in his three season there? Did they even attempt to win? Three different head coaches after you sign in Washington? Ever think the organization is as much at fault.

You basically just called Devise out and said he doesn't realize his actions effect others. If you don't intend to be active with your player, don't come on here and slam people. Done.

McDonaugh. Because his actions on the ice effect other people.

McDonaugh or Faulk for offensive game.

• 1 month later...