NHL Player Battle Spam Thread

Devise

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagr hands down.

On top of being a very classy player who is timeless in his how excellent he is, I stand firm that by the end of his career Jagr will be remembered as one of the top five players to ever play in the NHL. The only players at this point I'd be above Jagr are Messier, Gretkzy and Howe. That is how talented a player I think he is. 

Jagr vs Crosby - Impact in NHL history? (Who ends up better at the end of their careers?) 

Crosby. Not because of stats and stuff though. Because of the time Crosby came in and the legacy he will have after Jagr. Jagr is huge overseas but here he isn't known as one of the best as much as he should be. I feel like Sidney is known around the world as the best. I hate Crosby though personally.

Crosby's Whining or Chris Pronger's whining

Crosby. Not because of stats and stuff though. Because of the time Crosby came in and the legacy he will have after Jagr. Jagr is huge overseas but here he isn't known as one of the best as much as he should be. I feel like Sidney is known around the world as the best. I hate Crosby though personally.

Crosby's Whining or Chris Pronger's whining

Pronger whined for a longer period (obviously), but I think Crosby's whining at it's peak was more than Pronger's.

More punch able face: Crosby or Kessel?

Alex Semin's Purse  and I'd put Lemieux over Jagr too

I'm gonna not continue with Semin because fuck him

Sedin Sisters or Staal Brothers for better duo (Fuck Mark Staal... Jordan and Eric are the ones I'm referring to)

Jagr hands down.

On top of being a very classy player who is timeless in his how excellent he is, I stand firm that by the end of his career Jagr will be remembered as one of the top five players to ever play in the NHL. The only players at this point I'd be above Jagr are Messier, Gretkzy and Howe. That is how talented a player I think he is. 

Jagr vs Crosby - Impact in NHL history? (Who ends up better at the end of their careers?) 

^is obviously not a real caps fan because Jagr is the biggest bitch in our history.  I mean how, just how, can you like a player who bitches about his supporting cast and blames other people for his play?  How can you like a player who rolls out, like peace out bitches, the way he left Pittsburgh (as much as I hate them)?  How can you call a player who demands a trade classy?  Just how, please tell me how you can say this about him unless you are talking about him post return in which case okay I guess but I still don't agree.  And as far as him being a top 5 player ever, saying that he is better than Lemieux, is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life.  I hate Lemieux just as much as any caps fan but let me throw some statistics at you.  Lemieux has 1.88 points per game over his career, Jagr has 1.19.  Lemieux has .75 goals per game, Jagr has .48.  Lemieux has 1.12 assists per game, Jagr has .71.  And Lemieux from cancer not once, but twice in his career.  And if you were to make the ill-advised case that the difference is because Jagr has played into his 40's again you would be misled because Jagr has played over 500 more games than Lemieux did.  Insinuating even for a second that Jagr is more talented than Lemieux is the most disrespectful and incorrect statement that I have ever heard.  I have absolutely zero respect for Jagr because unlike you I am not blind to his past.  He may be the hardest working player on the Devils right now, and he may be a class act since his return, but he is not a classy guy and a year or two of being nice and actually working hard because if you don't you will be scratched does not make up for years of the opposite.

/rant 

I'm going to go Sullivan

They both won the Labatte 3 times so can't tell there, even though Sullivan has more TPE there has obviously been a TPE inflation over the years so that's hard to account for, and I'm not entirely sure of Sullivan's career stats but you would figure they would have to be higher considering TPE inflation.  Surprisingly close though.

going to switch it up and not do defense vs defense

Sullivan or Chershenko? 

^is obviously not a real caps fan because Jagr is the biggest bitch in our history.  I mean how, just how, can you like a player who bitches about his supporting cast and blames other people for his play?  How can you like a player who rolls out, like peace out bitches, the way he left Pittsburgh (as much as I hate them)?  How can you call a player who demands a trade classy?  Just how, please tell me how you can say this about him unless you are talking about him post return in which case okay I guess but I still don't agree.  And as far as him being a top 5 player ever, saying that he is better than Lemieux, is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life.  I hate Lemieux just as much as any caps fan but let me throw some statistics at you.  Lemieux has 1.88 points per game over his career, Jagr has 1.19.  Lemieux has .75 goals per game, Jagr has .48.  Lemieux has 1.12 assists per game, Jagr has .71.  And Lemieux from cancer not once, but twice in his career.  And if you were to make the ill-advised case that the difference is because Jagr has played into his 40's again you would be misled because Jagr has played over 500 more games than Lemieux did.  Insinuating even for a second that Jagr is more talented than Lemieux is the most disrespectful and incorrect statement that I have ever heard.  I have absolutely zero respect for Jagr because unlike you I am not blind to his past.  He may be the hardest working player on the Devils right now, and he may be a class act since his return, but he is not a classy guy and a year or two of being nice and actually working hard because if you don't you will be scratched does not make up for years of the opposite.

/rant 

I'm going to go Sullivan

They both won the Labatte 3 times so can't tell there, even though Sullivan has more TPE there has obviously been a TPE inflation over the years so that's hard to account for, and I'm not entirely sure of Sullivan's career stats but you would figure they would have to be higher considering TPE inflation.  Surprisingly close though.

going to switch it up and not do defense vs defense

Sullivan or Chershenko? 

Get over yourself and our team Meg. I don't have an ego for the Caps or for my own perspective on hockey. Any and every player is in their rights to demand a trade if they aren't happy somewhere. As a person and a professional. I still call Martin Erat classy despite the fact that he asked for a trade because he has continued to play hard and been a solid player on our roster. People like you take the Jagr Caps situation way to personally when it isn't that at all. It was a bad trade on our GM's part, and Jagr still played solid while with the Caps. 

In regards to Mario, I'd have Mario higher than Jagr if Mario played more. I don't like to view who averaged what at a point per game because that doesn't tell the whole story. How do we know if Mario was healthy he still would of played at a great level throughout the rest of his career? We don't. Mario is still easily in my top five despite that, but I think when all is said and done Jagr could be ahead of Mario on various all time stats list which to me is a double testament. It's a testament to how great Mario was in a shorter amount of time, and a testament to how timeless Jagr has been as a solid player who can produce at the NHL level. 

Chershenko, he was able to win more than one Cup and helped break the New York Curse. 

Chershenko vs Toews

Tyler Toews. Cause I drafted him. Meg, get over yourself. Jagr is one of the top 5 of all-time and he probably demanded a trade because of a certain type of fan in Washington (You).

Tyler Toews or Cody Banks

*cough*know your shit*cough*

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/jagr-rescinds-trade-demand-1.231533

http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/nhlnotebook/a/jagr_trade.htm

you're welcome for that little piece of history, demanding a trade three times then leaving to another team yet again to go to the KHL screams class, just screams it

Toews

as far as I could tell they were both depth players, and I don't actually know their stats.  I picked Toews because he went in the 2nd round vs Banks in the 6th.

Trying to get back to some players I actually know

Toews VS Chico Salmon