Westworld (Spoilers)

Spade18

It's gonna end with Bernard in the ruins of Westworld (or the main control center of all the parks), and this was all his memory. He keeps jumping back and forth, and they've already shown they use time as a plot device, so I don't trust that what is being presented as "Now" is actually now, I think it's all his rapidly decaying CPU going over everything and trying to figure out if this is now or not. I don't think this will come to a point this season, as it'd be too obvious and basically end the series, but the vibe I keep getting is that everything is in the past, and it's going to end up with him in a bunker with busted up wires, trying to figure out what the fuck happened lol.

23 minutes ago, Quik said:

It's gonna end with Bernard in the ruins of Westworld (or the main control center of all the parks), and this was all his memory. He keeps jumping back and forth, and they've already shown they use time as a plot device, so I don't trust that what is being presented as "Now" is actually now, I think it's all his rapidly decaying CPU going over everything and trying to figure out if this is now or not. I don't think this will come to a point this season, as it'd be too obvious and basically end the series, but the vibe I keep getting is that everything is in the past, and it's going to end up with him in a bunker with busted up wires, trying to figure out what the fuck happened lol.

I feel like the end game will be Ford succeeding where Delos has failed.

Right from the start they pitched this as Ford vs. Delos with the company trying to force him out.

Now we spent most of a season learning about how Delos failed to achieve immortality, and now we're seeing Ford achieve what Delos could not.  He became the music.

4 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I feel like the end game will be Ford succeeding where Delos has failed.

Right from the start they pitched this as Ford vs. Delos with the company trying to force him out.

Now we spent most of a season learning about how Delos failed to achieve immortality, and now we're seeing Ford achieve what Delos could not.  He became the music. 

See, I'm conflicted with that. I don't think that Ford will succeed with it, I think Bernard is fighting with everything he has to kick Ford out, and I think that will ultimately be his undoing, and what leads to the fracture in his mind.

It's very possible that your theory turns out, but I don't know that I 100% believe it will. With the whole premise of the show being machine fighting back against the humans, I can't see it ultimately ending up with Ford succeeding in immortality.

I could be wrong though, I definitely don't write for these shows and there could/usually is something that I don't think about that will change the theory 1039473209573 times before the series comes to an end.

The only thing I don't really like about this season is how stupid the security is. Obviously it's a TV show, so I can easily let that slide.

It just seems dumb to me that these futuristic top security ex-soldiers don't have what it takes to just shoot to kill. They miss a lot of shots and are easily persuaded by robots to not shoot them on site. Like that guy who went down to the blonde chick who was clearly going to destroy the cradle. Instead of just popping a bullet in her skull, he let's her turn around and talk to him looking all sexy before pulling a grenade on him. Like, he clearly knows she is faking all the talk and just wants to kill him, but oh no...she's fucking hot so let's see if I can bang her quick.

But anyways, amazing season so far. Love how Hopkins is back!

7 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Like that guy who went down to the blonde chick who was clearly going to destroy the cradle

Hahah, yeah, that was pretty stupid and really pulled me out of the moment. These are supposed to be highly trained special ops. I can suspend disbelief if the robots can be better fighters, if only because they are robots and their aim should be perfect. But, there shouldn't be any fooling around or talking to the hosts. Everyone knows the hosts are trying to kill the guests, there's absolutely no reason to engage other than with a bullet.

15 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

The only thing I don't really like about this season is how stupid the security is. Obviously it's a TV show, so I can easily let that slide.

It just seems dumb to me that these futuristic top security ex-soldiers don't have what it takes to just shoot to kill. They miss a lot of shots and are easily persuaded by robots to not shoot them on site. Like that guy who went down to the blonde chick who was clearly going to destroy the cradle. Instead of just popping a bullet in her skull, he let's her turn around and talk to him looking all sexy before pulling a grenade on him. Like, he clearly knows she is faking all the talk and just wants to kill him, but oh no...she's fucking hot so let's see if I can bang her quick.

But anyways, amazing season so far. Love how Hopkins is back!

There's a little easy to miss moment earlier in the episode that KIND of explains that moment in the cradle.

At one point when Elsie is at the controls of the Cradle watching over Bernard and you can hear the CEO chick over the intercom say something along the lines of "protect the cradle! but do NOT shoot in there, the place is highly combustible."  which too explains how they took it out with 1 hand grenade lol

2 hours ago, Spade18 said:

There's a little easy to miss moment earlier in the episode that KIND of explains that moment in the cradle.

At one point when Elsie is at the controls of the Cradle watching over Bernard and you can hear the CEO chick over the intercom say something along the lines of "protect the cradle! but do NOT shoot in there, the place is highly combustible."  which too explains how they took it out with 1 hand grenade lol

Maybe it explains the not shooting, but him gawking at the girl doing nothing about anything, it doesn't. :P 

14 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Maybe it explains the not shooting, but him gawking at the girl doing nothing about anything, it doesn't. :P 

Yeah, if he was legit special ops, he would at least attempt to take her out with a knife or something. Not saying he would have succeeded, but no way he was dumb enough to just let her seduce him like that

Also...This is great

1 hour ago, Quik said:

Yeah, if he was legit special ops, he would at least attempt to take her out with a knife or something. Not saying he would have succeeded, but no way he was dumb enough to just let her seduce him like that

Also...This is great

all of those are always great.  he does them for GOT too.  genius.

12 hours ago, Quik said:

Also...This is great

Looks like the second one actually says Williams. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin

Ah so there is a thread about Westworld. I binged season 2 a couple weeks ago. Not as good as Season 1, but S1 was also incredible so it wasn't bad by any means. I've been more invested in Westworld than the last 3 season of GoT.

I also love how at the end of both seasons I have no idea where it'll go next. Like not the slightest indication. And both seasons could have been equally satisfying as a series finale tbh and I wouldn't have been mad (well I would have been but only because I want more).

Hopefully Ford's stuck around in the code somewhere. Maybe Maeve's. Need Hopkins in my life.

27 minutes ago, Victor said:

Ah so there is a thread about Westworld. I binged season 2 a couple weeks ago. Not as good as Season 1, but S1 was also incredible so it wasn't bad by any means. I've been more invested in Westworld than the last 3 season of GoT.

I also love how at the end of both seasons I have no idea where it'll go next. Like not the slightest indication. And both seasons could have been equally satisfying as a series finale tbh and I wouldn't have been mad (well I would have been but only because I want more).

Hopefully Ford's stuck around in the code somewhere. Maybe Maeve's. Need Hopkins in my life.

I agree that S1 is the best, but I agree, that by no means is a slight on S2 which was freaking awesome.

I recently watched the second season again and it made a bit more sense seeing at all in quick succession like that. 

I'm interested in the direction they're going to go now that it seems like they've left the park behind, especially considering all the people Delores saved generally have differing views of how the future should be handled.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Spade18 said:

I agree that S1 is the best, but I agree, that by no means is a slight on S2 which was freaking awesome.

I recently watched the second season again and it made a bit more sense seeing at all in quick succession like that. 

I'm interested in the direction they're going to go now that it seems like they've left the park behind, especially considering all the people Delores saved generally have differing views of how the future should be handled.

Yeah very intriguing. It's a bit risky as well, like I don't see how they can have any more events in the park but we've never been in the real world before. Quite the step.

Although of course host William is a thing in the future so maybe it will all stay in the park somehow. Either way, hope it's not a 2 year wait.

And yeah, I think I'll keep bingeing seasons cuz it's hard enough to keep track when I'm watching them back to back.