I've been in some pretty good drafts

scoop

The S61 draft is looking pretty good, with about two rounds of currently active players in the mix. There are four players with 200+ TPE, myself included, so on top of the depth, there is certainly some high-end talent. I feel as though I've had a history of being a part of strong draft classes, so I'm going to take a look back at my seasons and see how true that is. Before I get into the drafts, though, I will mention that I had GM players in S18 (Geno Esposito) and S24 (Benjamin Glover). S18 was arguably the best draft in VHL history (and along with myself, there were I believe three other GM players that season, at least two for sure). S24 was pretty good, but nothing too outstanding. Just about a rounds worth of solid players and one star in Daniel Braxton.

(also lol I forgot about mist4ke until I was already writing about Leingod)

S53, mist4ke (5th Overall)

Great draft, even if mist4ke wasn't all that great of a player. He certainly didn't make much of an impact, though players like Franchise Cornerstone and Lukas Muller did. Add in names like Locke, Leblanc, Moon and Krigars, and we've got a pretty good draft, especially considering the quality of some drafts we've seen around this time period.

S50, Diana Maxwell (1st Overall)

Ultimately this draft wasn't all that great, other than the top three picks. There were a few others who were average players, and then a couple more who played some seasons in the VHL as the best options for the barren teams.

S40, Lloyd Light (7th Overall)

This was a phenomenal draft and you will not convince me otherwise. A great top two with Thomas O'Malley and Mason Richardson, this draft had incredible depth that saw future VHL players, relevant ones at that, being picked in the third round. With several good players taken in the second round as well, this draft definitely stands true as one of the great ones. While I have had

S33, Keiji Toriyama (8th Overall)

This was a good draft, but there are definitely some players who didn't quite live up to their potential (which of course will happen in every draft). Niklas Lindberg and Thomas Landry in the second round are highlights of this draft. Solid draft, certainly better than S50 but not as good as S40. Still, one I'm proud to have been in.

S12, Fayt Leingod (8th Overall)

My first draft. I think it was pretty good. Had a great top three, followed by a couple busts, and then six or seven solid players. Plus a third round steal in Harvey Singh. Definitely a good draft in my eyes, though I don't really remember well enough to know how it stacked up to drafts around it.

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Imagine calling a two time Labatte + one time Campbell and Slobo award winner an average player jordanlaff

gurthy penis wasn't much more than an average player who got lucky one season

but for real tho he was good, better than average but it was easier to just lump you in with Dotran and Hohenzollern even though that's really not fair to you

Edited by street

I remember 33 was seen as the God draft, but nobody really lived up to their potential in that one. Even guys who had solid careers like Kellinger weren't the world killers that were expected. (Still think it would have been better for all parties involved if I dropped to 3 like I was expecting instead of 2.)