Final draft thoughts

Victor

• Admin

Today is probably draft day and in a pleasing turn of events I am still not 100% sure where I will end up. That is possibly the first time ever as even back in my first draft in S11, being a goalie, I think my possible destinations were quite limited. Since then it's been either GM players (Berger, Bentley) or my draft position was well known to me far in advance (Chershenko, Clegane).

2nd overall was the result of the latter two and could it be that again? Would certain work nice as an alliteration given the name Cast. However, I also deem this the least likeliest outcome, slightly beating out the also unlikely outcome of me going 1st overall. Ultimately, the sounds coming out of Seattle have been quite secretive while the sounds coming out of Quebec have been quite non-existent and while I think Bana is simply stirring up some draft anticipation and has already decided on his 1st overall pick (be it Gate or Thompson), at least he has been stirring it up a bit.

I expect to end up at 3rd overall but would also not be surprised to fall to 4th - I'd say I rank the probabilities as 65/25, with the remaining 10% split between 1st and 2nd overall. That means my likeliest 2 destinations are Riga and Seattle which is great for 2 reasons - 1) I have never played for either franchise and 2) they together own half of the 1st round which should set them up very nicely to start the rebuild. Plus, while their teams will be god awful in S61 and Cast will go straight up to the VHL, that might well mean some very nice point totals in the rookie season.

In summary, while pleased with any of the 3ish possible outcomes of the upcoming draft, I am especially pleased with the fact that this close to the draft there are still that many possible outcomes.

Riga would be smart to grab Sterling in my eyes. The one, 100% solid goalie who is likely to lead a HoF and very dominant career. The backbone to a team and obviously going to be an extremely loyal guy. 

21 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Riga would be smart to grab Sterling in my eyes. The one, 100% solid goalie who is likely to lead a HoF and very dominant career. The backbone to a team and obviously going to be an extremely loyal guy. 

Can't pick him if he's already off the board.

Just now, Victor said:

Goaltender is only the 2nd most important position.

That's why I see Riga being smart enough to steal him 3rd before I do so 4th. ?

Hes the only, 110% guarantee goalie in the draft. Likely HoF is all pans out and easily has huge TPE gains. Smart for Riga to snap him up or I won't mind doing so. 

@hedgehog337

3 hours ago, Victor said:

In summary, while pleased with any of the 3ish possible outcomes of the upcoming draft, I am especially pleased with the fact that this close to the draft there are still that many possible outcomes.

Yeah, I have no idea how this draft is going to go and it's exciting.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, street said:

You can win without a great goalie. You can't win without great forwards.

Exactly. That said, still need a great goalie before you need a great defenceman.