Malenko's Road to the VHL (Another Season Down Below)

pennypenny

With the finish of an extremely good starting VHLM season with the Saskatoon Wild, the champions of Season 60, there was no doubt that Malenko had the star ability to shine on any team he was put on. During the VHL Draft, he went 7th overall to the Toronto Legion, a team in rebuild form - with little to no players. That was okay for Malenko though, as he decided on another season in the minors. Picked first overall in the VHLM Dispersal draft to the Las Vegas Aces, Malenko is looking forward to trying his hardest at claiming another Founder's Cup to his name. With the addition of future star defenseman, Stromberg on his pairing - there is little doubt that the defensive pairing in the Aces will put up high and efficient points. With the defensive focus in Jesper Stromberg's game, and the offensive potential in Robert Malenko's game - the pairing might just be all it needs to bring the team to success.

Malenko has gone on to say "I believe it is best for me and my game to stay in the minors for one remaining season to improve on my physical ability. Toronto does not need me this season as they are in a rebuild and are on their way to a first overall out of the gate, and the GM has gone on to tell me that himself. Because of that, I have decided on taking the Aces as far as I possibly can, hoping I can inspire and build confidence for the young group of guys there, and build chemistry with my partner in Stromberg."

Malenko is set to debut in the starting lineup this upcoming Friday.