Athanasios Andrianopoulos Press Conference

1) Greece is not typically a country known for it's hockey, how did you get interested in the sport?

2) You're set to enter the VHLM Draft next week, what would you say to any VHLM GM who may be considering taking your player?

3) Is there any NHL or VHL player you're looking to model yourself after?

4) As your player comes from Greece, would you be more interested in joining a European VHL franchise like Riga, Davos and Helsinki or are you open to travelling wherever your services are requested?

5) What would you say your biggest strengths as a player are at this minute?

6) If you could recommend one item of Greek cuisine, what would it be?

1.) How do you pronounce your players name? 

2.) Which VHL or VHLM team do you think has the best combination of location, team name, and logo?

3.) What are your goals for your player for this upcoming season?

4.) Have you ever done a sim league similar to this before?

5.) Will you/your player care more about individual awards and stats or team championships?

@803

@Tagger

1) Although I was born in Greece, I moved in the UK in a relatively young age and thats where i met people that were fans of NHL teams and was introduced to it. Something else is that even though there have been some good NHL players being of greek heritage like, Chris Chelios, George Parros and recently Athanasiou and Kyrou ice hockey is litterally non-existent in Greece, for example there are no olympic size permanent ice rings which is the reason Greece is not even competing at national level.

2) I would say to them that they cant go wrong and that picking me is a low risk/high reward situation.

3)I would say Johnnny Gaudreu type of player, carrying the puck a lot but with a bit more of a pass first mentality in an effort to set up others in the team rather than score.

4) Actually I would prefer joining a North American franchise so I can experience the sport closer to where it originated and is celebrated more.

5) My biggest strength as a player right now I would say is my passing and skating but I am trying

6) I would have to say Gyros, which is prepared and grilled similar to doner but is made out of pork. It can be served on its own with fries and greek salad or in a wrap.

@Fire Hakstol

1) If I had to spell it how it sounds Ithink it would be like that: Andrianopoolos. If you are still not sure you can use Google translate to get a better idea.

2) Calgary Wranglers and Las Vegas Aces are two of my favourites.

3) To get into any team and score at least 1 point.

4) No.

5) Although stats and individual awards are nice the only matter if your team wins the championship.

Edited by 803
I mispelled my player's name on the whole thread. lol

1. If you could decide, what would be the song or sound played after every time you score a goal?

2. What is the hardest part about trying to score on the shootout?

3.  Could you ever see yourself playing any other position than LW?

4.  Do you like to trash talk during games?

5. Talking with the media, hate it or like it?

@jRuutu

1)I havent given that much thought but I would go for Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen.

2)I guess it must be the pressure of knowing that not scoring can cost your team the win.

3)I could probably see myself playing on the right temporarily if the team needs me too but I am not sure for

a permanent change.

4)Not really.

5)I think they can be fun dependent on the questions being asked.

1) Quick first impression, How are you finding the VHL so far?

2) If you could change one thing early on what would it be?

3) What made you sign up for the VHL?

4) I see you submitted a graphic, what would you consider telling people that are new to graphics to get them started?

5) Is your avatar number something special? Or just a number you fancy?

Good luck in the VHLM draft tonight @803

NEW WEEK, NEW QUESTIONS! OH FUUUUCK YA

1. What are your thoughts on the league so far?

2. Does your player have any PREGAME routines? Superstitions? 

3. If you could compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be and why?

4. IF your player was to get involved with a celebrity (relationship wise), who would it be??? ;) 

5. Any suggestions as a new member to improve the site, make things easier or to better accommodate you?

@803 also holy shit your name. Trying saying that 11 times fast

• 2 weeks later...

@Banackock

1. It's been really nice but I haven't had a lot of time to explore everything as I am on vacation right now. 

2. I don't really have any superstition but I do like to calm myself and focus before games. 

3. If you could compare yourself to an NHL player, who would it be and why? I have answered a similar question before so I will just give a similar. A taller Johnny Gaudreu, with a more prominent passing first mentality preferring to set up others than scoring myself.

4. Taylor Hall is really handsome and I may not be homosexual but after last season I would definitely be #Gay4TayTay.

5. Same as question 1 really, everything seems nice but if I have any problems or suggestions in the future I could add it later.