Why did Quebec trade Louth and Kiaskov?

Victor

• Admin

Why did Quebec trade Keaton Louth and David Kiaskov? I wasn't really here for Louth trade but I did find the Kiaskov move to NY quite odd given his age and that feeling resurfaced now that both these former Meute leaders are not contributing directly to their cup rivals: Calgary and Davos respectively.

The cost of Louth and Kiaskov this season would be $9.5mil. Quebec would be able to afford that if they didn't trade for Komarov ($6mil in current cap space + $4mil of Komarov). Which they probably wouldn't need to because Louth and Kiaskov would have the most TPE of anyone except Colton Rayne (who would be 2nd behind Louth). So objectively the Meute would have better players.

So why did Quebec trade their two star players? The Louth trade seems to have been made to land Veran Dragomir first overall, who was indeed a substantial upgrade on Oyorra Arroyo (and still is). Calgary and Quebec also effectively swapped Zhields and one of the 17 Vilhjalmssons so basically nil gain there. Given Louth is the GM, he clearly didn't want out of Quebec so it was just a move to be younger but worse in the short-term. Perhaps Louth didn't realise how quickly Quebec would be a cup contender.

As for the Kiaskov trade, maybe he did want out? Quebec effectively got Vesto Slipher for him (and eventually Roctrion King), so an investment in the future but again, is it worth it? I guess we'll find out in the coming playoffs and seasons.

The investigative journalism has dropped @Beaviss - you had been warned.

• Victor changed the title to Why did Quebec trade Louth and Kiaskov?

Answer for Louth: He is my first character and I didn’t want him to be stuck on a forever rebuilding team. Didn’t think the Meute would become good so quickly.

Answer for Kiaskov: He wanted to move on to a cup contender and he was going into FA so I got what I could for him.

@Victor

• Admin
1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Answer for Louth: He is my first character and I didn’t want him to be stuck on a forever rebuilding team. Didn’t think the Meute would become good so quickly.

Answer for Kiaskov: He wanted to move on to a cup contender and he was going into FA so I got what I could for him.

@Victor

Selfish GMing and should have told him you were about to become a cup contender. :P 

8 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Actually If I recall correctly Beave, I said to trade me to get the best deal you could for me to help Quebec for the future. Honestly, I didn't wanna leave but I went to NY and then Spade only offered me a one year contract just to lock me in so I couldn't enter FA, and he could trade me in the off season, which I found out after I had signed.