Here we go again? [1/2]

hedgehog337

page_1_thumb_large.jpg  VS page_1_thumb_large.jpg VS joel_zpsyaauz3tt.png&key=fd2dd199ede4871

*The VHL Magazine crew didn't love Seattle like that*

What we still remember from the S57-60 period? Well, maybe something like:

* S57 draft with the fresh blood which saved VHL from being stagnant;

* @boubabi still was there;

* Helsinki was still a villain team;

* Yet another back to back. This time from Riga;

* @Banackock finally wins a championship;

* @DollarAndADream still is mad at Ironside the goalie.

I didn't name the last three events for nothing. The S57-60 period still contained Helsinki vs all clash, but there was another rivalry that was less tense. It had and I think it still has a potential to become a real rivalry if players and GM's will try, but we shall see. Anyways, the rivalry I'm talking about is:

:rig: VS :tor: VS :sea:

The current peak of this rivalry was definitely S58 when all three teams were too much for other opponents. They went neck to neck in regular season. Riga could snatch the regular season title and then beat NY in 5 games to advance into the finals. Seattle and Toronto faced in a thirlling 7-game series which ended up with the Bears winning an away game to face in Riga in finals. The Reign could beat Seattle in 6 and complete back to back. In S59, 'Cock managed got a revenge when his team won Riga in the wildcard round. The second game when they swept their rival 5-0 despite being outshot by 15 was a turning point of the season as they would not only win in the wildcard, but the whole playoffs. They beat Toronto in 6 games and then Helsinki in 7 to become champs. After that, it was pretty much over. Riga was trying to play spoilers in S60, but couldn't even make the playoffs while Seattle once again was in contention, just lose to HEL in 5 in semis.

But why am I talking about this and why I do think this could be a rivalry in next 2-4 seasons? The reasons are listed below:

1. Bratislava connection between me an Bana;

2. My player Guntis Petenis was playing in Seattle and I tend to belive his shitty build was a part of the Bears' fail in S52-53. Especially when he turned into an award winning defenceman when I changed his build;

3. Me and Dollar became GM's around the same time;

4. Guntis Petenis was also playing in Toronto. Of course, the team didn't win. It had nothing to do with Gunča's build though;

5. S58-59;

6. This trade between Seattle and Toronto which ended up as a disaster for the latter. Not only SEA still could beat the Legion in S59, that first round pick ended up as lotto and was very valuable;

7. Leph Twinger is playing for Riga.

You can see there are multiple reasons why these teams could and maybe should make a rivalry to make things more tense and fun at the same time.

So we're now in S62. All three teams are rebuilding and looks like all of them could be in contention period around the same time again. We also can see these teams are trying different tactics to escape this period ASAP. Riga is more crowded and more first-gens than in other two; Seattle is playing safe with having both GM players there, both commishes and a loyal depth player in Laflamme; Toronto will likely try to win it all with a stacked defence.

VHL league better prepare for this.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Kallis.

Review: I literally have nothing bad to say. The visuals are beautiful, this is well organized, and my eyes are blinded by this sight. Also, the magazine pages look awesome. Teach me your ways master.