Fantasy Sleepers

bagelbitesisbae

(Please LIKE my comment down below! I want to make more content for you guys, but you need to show me support.) 

- Requested by @McWolf (If you leave a like on my topic, you can request an NHL-related article and I'll make it.) 

Do you play fantasy games like Draft Kings? Are players too expensive and you don't know who to pick? Or, do you just want to see who could be a rising star? You have come to the right place! 

PAVEL BUCHNEVICH - Pavel Buchnevich was a breakout star last year with the New York Rangers. He managed to compile a total of 43 points. The New York rangers slowly deteriorated throughout the season and finished with a record of 34-39-9 (77 total points). The new additions the New York Rangers got is going to elevate them. If NYR is provided elevation, Buchnevich will surely thrive. Alain Vigneault put Buchnevich on the fourth line (Vigneault lost his damn mind) and he still produced. He's obviously not a top 10 forward (right now at least) so don't make him your number one priority in fantasy leagues, but watch out for him. 

SAMUEL GIRARD - Samuel Girard got traded to the Colorado Avalanche in a three-way deal. Last season, Girard managed to compile a total of 20 points in 68 games. Samuel Girard got to play some powerplay minutes which helped him gain more points. He's not going to be expensive in fantasy leagues so he's definitely a quality pickup. Girard proved to the Avalanche that he is elite and responsible. Don't let his size prevent you from picking him, he can play incredible defense as well. If the Avalanche give him top 4 minutes, expect him to get at least 30 points. 

JESPER BRATT - Jesper Bratt got to play second line minutes last year which helped him compile an impressive point total of 35 points (and let's remember that he's only 20 years old). The New Jersey Devils aren't amazing, but it shouldn't stop Bratt from producing. He could possibly take over Kyle Palmieri's spot on the first line. If he does, that could be very enticing in your fantasy leagues. 

PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS  - In Dubois' first season in the NHL, he managed to compile a point total of 48 points. He will probably get to keep his spot as the first line center of the Columbus Blue Jackets which is very enticing. Dubois will get to play with Artemi Panarin if he stays on the first line. Panarin is very talented and will elevate Dubois' game this upcoming season. 

(Want to see more fantasy sleepers? Like my topic!)

3 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

If he keeps getting first line minutes, sure. He's a goon in my opinion though.

See thats where alot of people outside caps fans who dont watch him daily will disagree. Do i think he plays with an edge an can cross the line? 100% hes made some dirty plays(i personally dont think the Auston-Reese thing was him trying to hurt think it was a bigger dude hitting a smaller dude head down). But he actually has pretty good hands. Now is he a star? No but i think 50 points, 150+PIMs, 150+hits is in the realm of possibility for him. Which in many leagues that will be crazy value player

Just now, Gooningitup said:

See thats where alot of people outside caps fans who dont watch him daily will disagree. Do i think he plays with an edge an can cross the line? 100% hes made some dirty plays(i personally dont think the Auston-Reese thing was him trying to hurt think it was a bigger dude hitting a smaller dude head down). But he actually has pretty good hands. Now is he a star? No but i think 50 points, 150+PIMs, 150+hits is in the realm of possibility for him. Which in many leagues that will be crazy value player

He's a good fantasy value pick because he plays first line minutes, lol.

40 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Well yes, but i think hes earned first line and has the skill the be a top 6 power forward vs just a 3rd line goon most think he is 

They have nobody else to put on the first line besides Timothy Jimothy Oshie. He hasn't earned it, lol. 

Girard is a good pick. He'll surpass Barrie soon.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Donato too since he only played 12 games last season. The guy is a legit sniper and a threat from anywhere below the blue.

Edited by tfong

41 minutes ago, tfong said:

Girard is a good pick. He'll surpass Barrie soon.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Donato too since he only played 12 games last season. The guy is a legit sniper and a threat from anywhere below the blue.

Good one. I'm targeting him as a very late pick

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

Dubois, awww yessss. I got him as a keeper in my league, I'm doing fine

Dubois is a quality pick because he’ll cost a lot less than he is actually worth. He will be playing first line minutes with Artemi Panarin as well.

35 minutes ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

Dubois is a quality pick because he’ll cost a lot less than he is actually worth. He will be playing first line minutes with Artemi Panarin as well.

I know, I'm hoping I can get Panarin in the 2nd rd too, for the chemistry.