Continuing the Weird CIA Medal Streak

CowboyinAmerica

image.jpeg.3b927ae53285e36e3671a0fe3be4f48a.jpeg

Seattle (AP) -- I enjoy World Cups. Particularly before the new implementation of the brand tournament, it was really the only way to get to play with other, talented players that one might not otherwise have a chance. Plus, since country of birth isn't exactly something one can switch halfway through their career, it allows the ability to grow with a team.

The downside of that, though, is that the World Cup tends to fluctuate, and it's very hard to keep any sort of consistency with a tournament every two seasons. Gabriel McAllister, for instance, played this current World Cup with a completely different roster than he had on his first one, in Season 54.

But even so, that doesn't mean there was a different result. Team USA lost by one goal to Canada in the Final, but that's still good enough for a silver medal. And for the CIA agency, that represents an absurd 11 straight World Cups, and 12 in 13 tries with my three players.

Karsten Olsen - Team Scandinavia :fin:

S32 - Gold

S34 - Fourth

S37 - Bronze

S40 - Silver

Hans Wingate - Team Western Europe :eu:

S43 - Gold

S46 - Gold

S48 - Silver

S50 - Silver

Gabriel McAllister - Team USA :usa:

S54 - Silver

S56 - Bronze

S58 - Gold

S60 - Gold

S62 - Silver

This record's going to hang for a while as well, since McAllister is set to retire, and it will be a while before my next player. Still, it's a fun little nugget to send McAllister into his final season, particularly as he gears up for one more championship and personal trophy run back in Seattle.