Dahlberg Hits it Off in Ottawa [1/2]

Nykonax

Ottawa, Canada -- The Ottawa Lynx have had a mediocre start to the season, 8 games in with a record that contains 4 wins and 4 losses the previous champions haven't had a start that they wished for, but haven't had one that is terrible. On the brighter side though even though Ottawa hasn't had a great start, their top rookie Elias Dahlberg has. With 14 points in only 8 games he is tied for the team lead in points, 2nd in goals with 8, the leading rookie on his team, and the 2nd most points by a rookie this season, only behind VHLM veteran and recent VHL draftee Nathan McKinnon. Dahlberg had an okay start to the season, putting up 4 points in 3 games but he and his team have really picked it up with back to back to back blowout wins against Oslo and Halifax, with a total of 15 goals for and only 4 against in those 3 games. The Matthews-Dahlberg line drove the offense along with defenseman Gregor Rasputinov. Matthews, Dahlberg, and Rasputinov have 23 points between them in the last 3 games. After Ottawa's rough start to the season it seems the General Manager Diamond_Ace clearly inspired them leading to this spike in offense, but the increased offense shouldn't overlook the great goaltending that Finn Davison has put up. After having a tough start he finally turned things around and is posting a 0.890 SV% and a 2.89 GAA. We asked Elias Dahlberg on his thoughts so far about his team, his hot start, his time in Ottawa, and his thoughts on the league.

"Well this is a couple of questions so I may forget, just remind me if I do haha. Uhh, but for your first question about my team I've really enjoyed them. It's a great locker room dynamic that we got here, when I first entered the room Matthews welcomed me, told me about the team, how to get started and all that. He really welcomed me and we clicked instantly. But of course all the guys are great, we got a great team here and I'm really happy here in Ottawa.

I definitely owe my hot start to Matthews. He's been in this league longer than me and he's taught me a lot but also set my up a lot. This is some tough competition in this league, a lot harder than Sweden. I've definitely wanted to prove myself against all the people who doubted me and passed on me in the draft, and the puck is now in their net. I've gotten some good chances and I hope I can keep this up and hopefully help out Ottawa.

Ottawa is a great city, its much bigger than where I grew up but I definitely enjoy the city. You can tell that this city has a great atmosphere and the fans here really support us. It was weird driving here since everyone is so nice and lets you go by first, whereas in Sweden it was a mess haha.

This is a great league to play in, they really support us and care about us the players. The players here are great too, I've made friends on the ice on different teams. Of course in game you hate each other but off the ice almost everyone is great friends. Speaking of great friends I've been talking with Joel Ylonen. He's been an amazing friend, also a fellow rookie we came into the league having no clue what to do but we've helped each other get through this, and we are looking forward to playing together in the Sponsors Shield and hopefully on the same team at the World Juniors."

617 words for use of the week ending Oct 28

Review: Awesome, job, I actually did not mind the quote too much, I think you incorporating the stats and actual thoughts from your player was well done. You have done awesome thus far this season. I am hoping I can keep it up as well. Overall, I loved reading this! 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Dahlberg Hits it Off in Ottawa [1/2]