The VHLM playoffs start [1/2]

Eudaldkp

As we all know, playoff time is here! Both VHL and VHLM playoffs have already started and today we are going to focus more on the VHLM playoffs.

LocdQQvKho3KB2KOrK-UTxpA-7QRSR-MpRuJSpsd

Graphic by Thranduil

Let’s start with the wildcard series, a pretty wild series with the first upset of the playoffs, Ottawa beating Las Vegas. Although on paper it is an upset, it can be easily explained by Dahlberg, the #2 prospect right now catching fire.

With a hat-trick in the first one he was the main reason of the Lynx’s win over Vegas 3-2. In the second game, where the Lynx won 4-2 he had a point and an assist as well, earning the 1 star again.

We had the chance to ask Dahlberg how he saw this series and what his thoughts are going into the next one, and he said “We had a great showing against Vegas. We didn't over estimate ourselves especially knowing that we were the underdogs in that series, but I guess Vegas did. We came out hard and strong in those 2 games. The scoresheet may seem like I did all they work, but Finn and the others really contributed to our series win.”

Overall it was a pretty close series, game one was decided by just one goal and game two was decided by just two, I’m sure most fans would have loved it if it were a 7 game series.

Let’s move on to the second round, where the Lynx are going to face the #1 regular season team, the Rush and the Halifax will face the #2, the Wild.

The first games have been played, and we already had what might be the game of the playoffs so far in Saskatoon.

Game 1 was an absolute massacre, ending in a OT win for Halifax, and the score was 8-7! Absolute frustrating loss for the Wild since they were up 7-1, but it looks like they could get that game out of their heads, came out and flat out dominated the second game with a 4-0 shutout. The 1 star of the game, Sir Carles, scored his first VHLM goal, and he told us “I’m just glad we could get over game 1, it really doesn’t matter anymore, we just have to focus for the next ones. I’m hoping to contribute like I did in game 2 for the next games.”

Now, moving to Yukon, the favourites of the series didn’t give the Lynx much of a chance, and won both games by shutouts with stellar performances from Stoffiday. However, we know Ottawa has won some games in the regular season against Yukon, and if Dahlberg catches fire at home again it can turn into a very tough series. In his interview Dahl himself said “I obviously had 2 great games (against Vegas) there and I'm looking to carry it over into Yukon. Yukon has been a very strong team this year and we're going to have to work hard and play our game in that series. We got some wins against them in the regular season so its definitely doable if we work hard and play as a team.”

Games 3 and 4 are going to be a thriller in both series and all fans from around the world that like sports should tune in and watch them, because anything can happen and it’s going to be brutal!

• 1 month later...