diamond_ace

CGY Gets

15th pick

S38 TOR 2nd

COL Gets

12th pick

20th pick

Accept.

Some of you are going to be out there facepalming this, I'm sure. I just look at it this way: 12 and 15 will be similar quality players, just giving up some of the choice really. Any gap there is in talent between the picks (and sure, there's probably some) could be completely made up if the S38 2nd gets anything. I'm basically banking on Kendrick and the Reddit crew, which to be fair has yielded impressive results so far. Even better if TOR gets beat in next year's playoffs, which with a conference with three strong teams, is a decent chance. (That's the one part of this where I'm torn - I want to root FOR the Legion next year, I think Green deserves a cup, but this trade will benefit me more if they get beat). As for 20th pick this year, it's essentially nothing. I've scoured the draft more than I ever expected to, and there are exactly 19 guys I think would be worth having. 20 is like losing in the finals. Romanes knows this, and isn't suddenly going to turn it down just because I'm explaining it now.

First of all thanks to diamond_ace for the fair and pleasant negotiations and for allowing me to get my first deal as a GM done :)

He pretty much explained the reasoning behind it as well, there is a group of players in the 12-15 range that I would consider to be on the same level, I just want to make sure that I get a certain one of them. In exchange we are swapping two picks that can both be considered gambles, with Calgary getting the better one of the two. The 20th Overall this year will most likely amount to nothing but maybe I'll get lucky, in return Calgary gets a pick that could be anywhere from 15-20 and, depending on how recruiting goes, will most likely end up better than the 20th Overall this year, which makes up for the 3 spots we move up this year.