Claimed:Media Spot 4

Megster

Tremblay Stays in New York for Another Year

Thomas Erdbrink - New York Times

ny_g_richards_b1_300.jpg

New York, NY – New York Americans left winger Simon Tremblay has signed with the team for another year.  Tremblay had 45 goals and 37 assists for 82 points in 72 games this year.  In his career Tremblay has 79 goals and 75 assists for 154 points in 144 games.  Tremblay was sent to the Americans in the S35 off-season in a deal that included Keiji Toriyama for two second round picks from the Calgary Wranglers.  Tremblay was involved in scandal early on in the season, but finished the season strong with 27 goals and 18 assists for 45 points in the final 34 games.  The New York Americans narrowly missed the playoffs this season.  Both Americans general manager Chris Miller and Tremblay released statements on the deal.

“Earlier this week we re-signed Simon Tremblay to a one year contract.  The deal will be worth $2 million.  We were very happy with Simon’s progress over the course of the season and saw a lot of good things from him as the year finished.  We believe Simon still has a bright future ahead of him in this league and can’t wait to see him back in an American’s jersey during training camp.”Chris Miller, American’s general manager

“I am very pleased to have this agreement worked with the Americans. I am very happy to be back in the team. The fans here are the best fans in the world and I am so excited to continue playing for them. Management Americans was great with helping me get through the difficult times I faced at the beginning of this season and I am so grateful that they were willing to take a chance on me. My teammates have nothing surprising with the support they showed me was and I hope I can do the same for them.”Simon Tremblay, American’s forward, translated by boubabi

Analysis: Tremblay Deal

Sterling - vhl.com correspondent 

New York, NY – Earlier this week the New York Americans re-signed forward Simon Tremblay to a one year deal.  I think this is great for the Americans for a couple of reasons.  First off they get one of the best goal scorers last season for a cheap price, only $2 million.  Whenever you can sign talent for cheap it’s always a great move, but Tremblay has shown an ability to produce significantly with very little practice hours meaning an extra low cost and more bang for your buck.  Everyone knows in the modern day VHL that forwards are what wins you championships.  Adding another forward over another defenseman of the same value is usually the smart choice.  Tremblay will likely now slot in on the Americans second line after they acquired Odin Tordahl and seem almost certain to draft a very highly touted forward.  This would be a demotion for Tremblay as he got first line minutes all last season on a very depleted Americans team.  This is a role Tremblay has played in the past for the Calgary Wranglers and played very well, might I add.  I expect a similar amount of production out of Tremblay as we saw last year despite the demotion as I think he will embrace his role with the team and give punch to the Americans second line. 

Edited by Megster

Content: 3/3 - 

Grammar: 1.5/2 - For the length of the piece, a bit too many errors for my liking:

Both Americans general = Both the Americans' general
American’s = Americans' (multiple times)
My teammates have nothing surprising with the support they showed me was and = My teammates have nothing surprising with the support they showed me and
give punch to the Americans second line = give punch to the Americans' second line

Appearance: 1/1 - YARP

Overall: 5.5/6 - :vhl::words:

Guest Svoboda_3
Content: 2.75/3
556 words. Hopefully we get a chance to play again on the same team, but in the meantime, congrats on re-signing with the Americans. The 'Spot was good in that you had some solid quotes in there. The section featuring Sterling was kind of random, although it pertained to the content, it kind of just appeared there without a real transition.

Grammar: 2/2
Aside from the quote that had poor English, there really wasn't a lot of severe items with the exception of a missing word here and there and the proper usage of "Americans" not "American's."

in scandal = in a scandal
general manager = General Manager (position of power should be capitalized in my theory) (x2)
one year = one-year
American's = Americans' (x2)
hours meaning = hours, meaning
and played = and has played

Appearance: 1/1
Simple, but you did enough to garner the point.

Overall: 5.75/6 & 5.5/6>>6/6

Edited by Svoboda_3