Piotr Jerwa Press Conference

majesiu

1. How was your time in Davos?

2. Was this trade unexpected for you?

3. Do you believe in Seattle?

4. I assume VHL stays as the lowest priority league?

5. Your reaction on changes with brands?

6. Do you feel like Seattle overpaid a bit, like others are suggesting?

7. How's SEA locker room?

8. Your fav city in Poland?

9. Will the Poland hockey team ever be among TOP 16?

10. Do you watch Poland hockey league?

Your da the best @hedgehog337

1. How was your time in Davos?

Mixed bag for sure. First I dropped a lot in the draft and then was the media drama when I got lynched by own management. Add on top being part of one of the very worst teams in league history. Still, they had plenty of people I liked on the team and them were very likely to convince me to stay once the time has come for an extension if so were their plan to do so. I'm still to leave any team in Free Agency, without being traded prior in any league.

2. Was this trade unexpected for you?

Not at all, I was at the trading block whole season and plenty of GMs was reaching out to me.

3. Do you believe in Seattle?

They surely have a powerful rooster and while they paid a hefty price for salary cap trouble I'd love to get a ring with them and do the best, in a season or two I'm going to be better than Malenko anyway.

4. I assume VHL stays as the lowest priority league?

Yeah, no reason for it to change, and recent events/conversations only enforce that, but that doesn't mean I won't max non pay to win earner. Especially with SBA affiliation, it will be easy enough (No incentive to do VHL ones, they are absolutely the worst when it comes to interchangeability). Lowest priority means that if I won't have time this league is first to drop.

5. Your reaction on changes with brands?

I'm still Brand executive (which I had to be reminded recently ?) and just read them for the first time. They are solid, both changes to slots and rooster minimums should help in the long run. I don't like less TPE and likely step down when the effort becomes too much for the pay. Also, I probably should sign some more people because I have a whole two (including myself) currently.

6. Do you feel like Seattle overpaid a bit, like others are suggesting?

Apparently, they had no choice and salary cap situation throughout the league made them hostage.

It's weird in Discord era, but they have rather active forums LR and newly created discord.

So many cities, but instead of going to the most popular and big Tourist destination I'd recommend everyone to stay and visit Kazimierz Dolny - the small city with a total population of 2607 people. It's a magical city that lets you go back in time to the Polish Golden Age of 16th Century and even if there isn't any event going on (which there are plenty) you can still enjoy this place and feel that specific, hard to describe aura.

Ever again you mean. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good and outside of small part of the country without more funding and popularity it's not likely in the near future. Getting some players back in the NHL would be great and certainly rejuvenated the interest in the game.

Rarely, I sometimes watch the Finals on TV, since it's on a national sports station, but it isn't popular at all in my part of the country. Even field hockey trumps it here. Btw. we get nightly NHL games for free on it too (also streamed), so at least I've got that.

• Commissioner
34 minutes ago, majesiu said:

No incentive to do VHL ones, they are absolutely the worst when it comes to interchangeability

What exactly do you mean by this? Just curious.

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Just curious.

The PT affiliates are much more popular these days than just VHL <-> EFL <-> SBA <-> VHL

You have leagues that are far more connected:

PBE has a mutual (you can do PT on one or the other and get the claim accepted elsewhere) affiliation with NSFL, SHL, SBA, GOMHL (and stalled, but still on the table negotiations with EFL)

GOMHL with PBE, NSFL, SBA, EFL

NSFL with PBE, NSFL, GOMHL, NSHL

SBA with PBE, GOMHL, VHL, EFL

EFL with GOMHL, SBA, VHL

SHL with PBE & NSFL

VHL with SBA & EFL

All of the above are accepted by NSHL too. Depending on where you need the credit you have more and less universally accepted options.

1. Are you going to miss being a part of Davos, and why?

2. What do you see your role being in Seattle?

3. What is your plan for your brand going forward?

4. How much do you see Seattle as a competitor this year?

5. What makes you find the Discord era of locker rooms weird?

6. Is it difficult for you to juggle so many leagues at once?

7. Did it hurt to know that you were being shopped on the trading block?

8. Do you plan to stay with Seattle long-term, or just a temporary landing spot?

9. How do you feel about the VHL salary cap? Do you think it should be raised?

10. What do you think of the expansion teams that were just added to the VHL?

Using 4 answers from last week (used just 6/10 for the 2 TPE last week):

It's weird in Discord era, but they have rather active forums LR and newly created discord.

So many cities, but instead of going to the most popular and big Tourist destination I'd recommend everyone to stay and visit Kazimierz Dolny - the small city with a total population of 2607 people. It's a magical city that lets you go back in time to the Polish Golden Age of 16th Century and even if there isn't any event going on (which there are plenty) you can still enjoy this place and feel that specific, hard to describe aura.

Ever again you mean. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good and outside of small part of the country without more funding and popularity it's not likely in the near future. Getting some players back in the NHL would be great and certainly rejuvenated the interest in the game.

Rarely, I sometimes watch the Finals on TV, since it's on a national sports station, but it isn't popular at all in my part of the country. Even field hockey trumps it here. Btw. we get nightly NHL games for free on it too (also streamed), so at least I've got that.

And adding two more from @StamkosFan , will get the rest next week:

1. Are you going to miss being a part of Davos, and why?

For sure, I always want to play out the career the for initial team that drafted me, but this was a special case here, first with how petty media drama between me and Dahlberg was handled by the Team GM (where I got told to not write media like that and my words were over-inflated) and later being constantly on the trade block, which is far from my wanted state here, as I want to be time efficient and rather focus on other, more enjoyable for myself leagues.

2. What do you see your role being in Seattle?

I have the same role as I would have on Davos being 1st pairing D-man albeit on a much better team. I'm still developing and thanks to affiliation at a better rate so I should remain as such for the rest of my career with how the league is constructed. Already Top 16 defenceman in the league if you look at TPE and only Ryan Sullivan Jr is both younger and better than me so I should continue to climb the ranks.

Why not ask some questions for you buddy!

1. How do you feel your season has gone so far?
  2. Seattle is the top in the league right now, do you think you guys can keep it up with Riga right on your heels?
  3. Who do you feel is the best player in your draft class?
  4. Who do you feel is the best rookie?
  5. Who is the most underappreciated player on Seattle?

On 2/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, StamkosFan said:

3. What is your plan for your brand going forward?

4. How much do you see Seattle as a competitor this year?

5. What makes you find the Discord era of locker rooms weird?

6. Is it difficult for you to juggle so many leagues at once?

7. Did it hurt to know that you were being shopped on the trading block?

8. Do you plan to stay with Seattle long-term, or just a temporary landing spot?

3. Haterade had rough previous season losing many top players after disappointing S63 Sponsor's Shield Cup so I'm focusing on young players giving them a shot at bigger deals.

4. I'd say  we are frontrunners and are going to fight for it till the very end, hopefully, get the Top seed and use HFA to bring the Trophy

5. I think I might have spelled wrong the answer to the hedgehog question - I find weird that forum locker room is active in Discord era, not that Discord's LRs are weird.

6. Depends much more on the league jobs than the sheer amount of them. Updating and doing tasks (especially with a ton of Affiliation stuff) is easy and predictable part that I can easily squeeze into my schedule. The trouble comes when League Jobs start taking much more time than expected and you try to do your best, but it affects other things you'd like to spend time on.

7. It certainly wasn't appreciated and why I was traded in the past it was a pita to answer the same questions from the GMs instead of just being dealt and be done with the whole thing.

8. I'm very open to staying and more often than not being traded motivated me enough to guarantee that the team that dealt for me ended up on winning side of the deal. Might now work with how Seattle timeline shapes up so who knows, maybe another deal (sign & trade?) or FA is in the cards in near future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 3:06 AM, Poptart said:

Why not ask some questions for you buddy!

1. How do you feel your season has gone so far?
  2. Seattle is the top in the league right now, do you think you guys can keep it up with Riga right on your heels?
  3. Who do you feel is the best player in your draft class?
  4. Who do you feel is the best rookie?
  5. Who is the most underappreciated player on Seattle?

1. So far so good, Seattle is winning a lot and I'm scoring on better pace, nothing to be sad about.

2. Certainly, this squad is stacked and we are active and improving, looking forward to my first VHL playoffs!

3. Not sure, I try to just focus on myself and ignore rest of the noise nowadays.

4. Kyson Blake is having a really nice season, leading all rookies in scoring and points.

5. Mountain Thunderfist - dude is descendant of gods and plays mostly garbage time.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:44 AM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. How do you pronounce your name?

1. Piotr is easy enough so I gather the question is about the surname, you can just go with how you spell Jerry, tough the Yerba-mate start comparison would be even better.

• 4 weeks later...