Forum Themes

Hello

I have been thinking about this for quite some time and even though I have no clue about how hard or how difficult it could be - I wanted to suggest that VHL Forums should feature Themes of each VHL team. Basically, what I had in mind is a similar system as there was in NHL 04 videogame (Those who don't recall how that worked - when you made your "account" you could choose your favourite team and all game menus and whole theme was based on that). 

That would allow everyone to feel a bit of pride for being a part of a specific team and that would give a great variety with just a few different colour schemes.

In the end - I would just say that if this is not possible or just is too expensive, as I understand how much internet services cost, don't mind this, I just felt like that could give a bit more soul to the page.

Adding to that - maybe, if that is not possible - what about theme based around last winning team in VHL - just an interesting little idea.

Anyway - I hope this doesn't sound absolutely terrible and I hope you will have a superb day onwards - Cheers!

FrostBeard

• Commissioner

Both options have been suggested before. Ultimately it was decided that the amount of people who would use each wouldn’t realistically justify a theme per team (at least at the time it was last discussed) since a lot of work goes into making them. The option to change it per winning team again isn’t usually a justifiable amount of work for how often it needs to change.

Just now, Beketov said:

Both options have been suggested before. Ultimately it was decided that the amount of people who would use each wouldn’t realistically justify a theme per team (at least at the time it was last discussed) since a lot of work goes into making them. The option to change it per winning team again isn’t usually a justifiable amount of work for how often it needs to change.

Understandable - wanted to throw it out as I didn't see it anywhere, well, thanks for quik answer :)

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

What if someone does it as their "media" task?

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

What if someone does it as their "media" task?

Main problem is that I believe admin access is required for theme building.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Main problem is that I believe admin access is required for theme building.

True, Im still waiting for the test server for me to be able to build them without messing up the live site.