May Not Worried About the Draft

Gloria Borger

VHL.com ~ Houston, TX

The VHL's season 66 draft is in sight for players and teams alike. For teams, its a chance to bolster their roster and build for future championships. For players, it's a lifelong dream finally achieved. I sat down with Owen May as he discussed his future in the VHL and what he expects moving forward. To many the VHL draft is everything. Nothing can compare to hearing your name called. However, May has little interest in the event.

"Right now, my sole focus is the Bulls. We're in a playoff race. They're some things that are bigger than my personal desires. Yeah I want to be drafted, I'm really excited to take my next steps but I have a duty to the team I'm currently on. "

That appears to be the mood within the Bulls locker room this season. No one wants to leave at the end of the day. Even the Scottish drunkard, and American pothead have been integral parts of the locker room chemistry. The team is upset when they lose and ecstatic when they win, most locker rooms are, but what sets these men apart is their dedication to the team. Very few type A personalities in the locker room makes it a enjoyable environment for a reporter. I asked May where he wants to go when his name is called this draft.

"My preference is Helsinki to play with my GM but if I could be on a team with any of the guys in the locker room, I'd be content."