Mark Gebauer Interview [1/2]

Sova

Interviewer: "Hello, today we are joined by the center of the Moscow Menace, Mark Gebauer. How has Moscow been treating you since you were traded?"
Mark: "Moscow is fantastic the organization is great and the city is even better, so I really don't have any complaints what so ever."
Interviewer: "Why did you want to play for Moscow?"
Mark: "After my first years in the VHL the expansion was announced and when I saw that there would be a team in a city that I like a lot I was intrigued. I took a look at who would be running this team and what kind of team it was going to be. I thought about it for some time and in the end, I came to the conclusion that a trade would not only benefit my career but also allow me to live in a place that I like and work with people that have a similar approach to the game like me."
Interviewer: "You mentioned that the trade to Moscow is good for your career, many would disagree and say that compared to other players from your draft class you have had less success, what do you say to those people?
Mark: "First of all I think by playing in Moscow I have the unique opportunity to lead a team, even though I am just in my 2nd year I feel like a crucial piece to this organization. This is something that I value a lot, of course, this is part of the reason why we are losing a lot but that is going to end as soon as I become a good enough player. If I was on a team playing 2nd fiddle to some other stars I would not be able to learn as much as I am learning at the moment and I would not develop so quickly, so in that sense I think that the move to Moscow was the right one if I want to leave a legacy behind and not just become another player that played for some teams."
Interviewer: "As you just said Moscow is struggling at the moment how do you feel about that and what are your expectations for the next season?"
Mark: "I naturally prefer winning to losing but it doesn't bother me since I know we are growing and soon will be a better team so its all going to be worth it in the end."
Interviewer: "Do you have any personal goals for your time in the league?"
Mark: "Yes I do I want to leave a mark in Moscow and I will do anything to try and win a championship for this team, I know its going to be tough but it is not impossible. At the moment the road until there seems long but with just a few new recruits things can change a lot. I know I don't need multiple stars surrounding me to win games so I know that it might be possible to win it all in the next couple seasons."

• 2 months later...