Bitter Disappointment

The Saskatoon Wild are on the verge of missing out on the playoffs. The Wild owe this to their inconsistent play. The goaltending was not up to par and that was that. The Wild made a huge trade sending their future away for just a shot at the playoffs but now sitting at 69 (nice) points and the Las Vegas Aces sitting at 74, the Wild need to win out the rest of the season while the Aces need to lose. The real life comparison is the Columbus Blue Jackets who gave up most of their future to the Ottawa Senators to get possibly half a season of Matt Duchene plus not cashing in on Artemi Panarin and Sergei Bobrovsky. The Wild had Shawnomir Jagr to trade off plus many other players who will be graduating to the VHL after this season. Now the Wild will be left with not much in terms of picks and most of the players will be leaving. The difference is CBJ at least made the playoffs.

Jagr is having himself a solid season scoring 50 goals and assisting on 47 goals for 97 points, he needs 3 more points to break the 100 point mark. However, he will be like Conner McDavid of 17-18 with over 100 points but no team success to show for it.

Can't take that S64 Founder's Cup away from you though.
Even if you were unhappy with your ice time. ;) But to be fair, Vegas was insanely good with an average TPA of 164 and Jagr was a re-create at the time.

5 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Can't take that S64 Founder's Cup away from you though.
Even if you were unhappy with your ice time. ;) But to be fair, Vegas was insanely good with an average TPA of 164 and Jagr was a re-create at the time.

oh i knew i was never going to get the icetime as i only had about 90 tpe at the time lol

5 hours ago, Peace said:

Actually that’s not true. Saskatoon has three first round picks, two seconds, a third, fifth, sixth and seventh in the upcoming dispersal draft. :)

thats actually really good for Sasky. Glad you gave it a shot my friend. not many Gms would be willing to do what you did this season. takes some balls. 

The Goaltending improved fairly significantly after we got decent defensive pairings.

Not that I'm defending their amazing goaltender. Whoever that may be.