Shawnomir Jagr Bio [2/2]

c1747907096222abc97cde09e4880f8e.jpg

Name: Shawnomir Jagr

Number: 68

Birthplace: Kladno Czech Republic

VHLM Team: Saskatoon Wild

Shawnomir Jagr was born in his native Kladno, Czech Republic to father Jaromir Jagr and mother Catherine. Jagr didn't have the best upbringing as his mother was a single mother as Jaromir didn't have time to tend to young Shawnomir as he was off living his life in the NHL and KHL at the time. However, now Shawnomir is a young 18 year old hockey player looking for forge his own career out in the world of hockey. Let's look at how it has come to fruition so far.

Early Years

During the early years, Shawnomir was put into skates as a young boy, pretty as much as soon as he could start walking. Minor hockey in Czech Republic is much like how it is everywhere, just learn the basics and develop skills as best you can. So in the beginning, a young Shawnomir showed he could have a future in the game because he wasn't afraid of anything. Most young kids are scared to go fast because they were scared to fall and get hurt. Not Shawnomir, he went full speed and laughed even when he fell he never cried because he knew in hockey, you're going to get hurt sometimes, that is life in hockey. After a few years of playing some for fun tournaments in his early youth, Jagr had a choice to make, to take his game to the next level or to just play hockey for fun.

Teens

220px-HC_Kladno.png

Shawnomir decided to try take his game to the next level and moved up in his age group to play with a bit of older kids 15/16/17 while being just 12/14. It was a tough transition at first but it proved to be the right move as he just got better and better in time. In his first go around with Poldi SONP Kladno in the Czech Jr league, Shawnomir scored 24 goals and assisted on 17 goals for 41 points in 34 games. Pretty nice for a youngster right? As a 13 year old, the young Shawnomir exploded for 41 goals and 29 assists for 70 points in 34 games. The next two seasons, Shawnomir scored a combined 92 goals and 62 assists for 154 points in just 65 games. It shows that he was more than ready to make the next step and playing with the big boys in the Czech Extraliga.

Czech Extraliga

jagr-and-plekanec1.jpg

Shawnomir moved up to play with men in his age 16 season and his youth showed. In just 29 games Jagr was only able to score 3 goals and assist on 3 for just 6 points. However in the next season, Shawnomir exploded for 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 points in 42 games. However, that would be the end of his Czech Extraliga career as Shawnomir was drafted by the Arizona Coyotes in the 1st round, 10th overall. Would Shawnomir move to the NHL like his father or would he choose a different path?

Life in the VHLM

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

Shawnomir Jagr moved onto the VHLM with the Las Vegas Aces after failing to report to Arizona for the Coyotes. When asked about it, Shawnomir had this to say, "My father Jaromir, has forged a legacy in the NHL. I don't want no part in that right now as he has never been in my life since I was born. I want to build my own legacy in the Victory Hockey League which has been run for about 65 seasons now. Many good players have passed through the VHL and moved onto have some successful NHL careers. I plan to do the same once my time in VHL has come to a close." So it begins in Season 64 with the Las Vegas Aces. Shawnomir had a very tough time trying to adjust to life in America after spending his whole life in Kladno.

It showed on the stat sheet, as Shawnomir had only scored 1 goal in 22 games. In the playoffs, the Aces were able to win the Founder's Cup but Jagr was just a bit part on the team putting up 0 points in 10 games.

In the off-season, Jagr was drafted in the 3rd round with the 18th overall by the Saskatoon Wild. Jagr adjusted to life in Canada a lot better than in Las Vegas because well, there is nothing to do in Saskatoon other than just practice and play hockey. In Sask so far, Jagr has scored 50 goals and assisted on 47 goals for 97 points. It has been a great season individually for Jagr but the team has disappointed immensely and look like they will miss the playoffs. However, it doesn't bother Jagr none as he will be moving onto the VHL and already has his VHLM Championship.

Life After the VHL

qEfy8FO.png

logoblack.png

After his 8 year VHL career concludes, Jagr doesn't know what to do. He can move onto the NHL and forge a career there or move onto the GOMHL or even the SHL. Jagr looks to LPLL to his ongoing hockey career which started in the GOMHL and now has come over to the VHL. However, one thing is for certain, like his dad, Jagr plans to have a long and illustrious hockey career in multiple leagues. The plan now will be to jump to the GOMHL after his 8 year VHL career is up then he will be jumping to the SHL.

Conclusion

As you can see, Shawnomir Jagr's life revolves around hockey and it looks to be this way for quite some time as he doesn't look to give it up anytime soon. From Kladno, Czech Republic to Las Vegas, Nevada to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to one of the 8 VHL cities so far. Then GOMHL cities then SHL cities. It is a long journey that Jagr plans to play out and maybe put him on the map as one of the greatest hockey players of all time in all 3 of the big 3 leagues. 

Nicely written bio. I appreciate the formatting and pictures throughout to break up the sections. The stats littered through various sections also help make it an interesting read. Good bio overall and good luck with your career.