Jerry Garcia Press Conference (For both GM and Player Questions!)

Gustav

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@GustavMattias

What? 12 questions? I can milk this for two weeks; thanks Bana.

40 minutes ago, Banackock said:

What are your thoughts on your season?

Jerry seems to have tailed off a bit. I know that last season was great for a defensive-style player on a team where his numbers wouldn't be inflated by sucking, and I know that our defense as a whole was improved this season, especially after the McWolf trade, so that would certainly explain a decline. So, I'm happy to stick through it and hope I get another Wylde-type season in the future, but it's still not fun to see your own stats take a hit.

55 minutes ago, Banackock said:

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Malmo - I don't know, I feel like we're a better team than the sims give us credit for. On paper we certainly improved, so why that hasn't translated to the sims is a big old Simon mystery (unpopular opinion: there is not nearly as much wrong with STHS as people make it out to be. More on this possibly later).

Mississauga - I'm very happy with how we're doing, but still slightly pissed about the recruitment situation leading up to this season. Had this draft class been even close to as good as any of the others I've seen as GM, everything after the second round wouldn't have been worthless, and the gap between us and Saskatoon would have been a whole lot smaller, with us being the definite top two. It is what it is, though - we're still a good team.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Who do you think wins MVP?

VHL - Probably Borwinn. Not only is he #1 on the points list, he's also one of two Titans in the top 8. The other two teams in there (Moscow and Vancouver) are represented by three players each. So, he's doing the best with not as much help.

VHLM - I'm actually going with my own guy, Kris Rice, here. DeYeeto has better stats, but I feel that some GMs may view Saskatoon as a team that's simply too stacked to have a single most valuable player. Rice is next up in points and isn't that far behind, and it's hard to claim that he's riding the success of someone else--for most of the season he's been separated from Tallinder.

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

Who has been your teams best player?

VHL - McWolf. We're taking away from each other's individual success, but I'm affecting him less than he's affecting me. He's still doing great--53 points and over 200 hits, and I'm just sitting there blocking shots. So, lots of credit given for being the dominant guy on defense.

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch.

Let's see, I'm skinny and I don't have much muscle so my best chance is to find someone who I know is shorter than me and hope my superior reach is enough. I guess I'll fight @Renomitsu because a) I know I'm taller and b) he already wants to fight me, apparently.

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

I believe I had Vancouver making it when I was doing predictions, so I'll stick with that--especially since they've done well so far.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:47 AM, Banackock said:

Who makes it out for Europe?

Obviously, I'd love for Malmo to make it again, but I'm actually going to go with a different dark horse and say it's going to be Moscow. Riga has had terrible luck in the playoffs for as long as I've been in the league, and something doesn't really feel right about Helsinki, although I don't know why. Maybe it's just the fact that they're set up to tear everything down next season or so, but Moscow really looks promising in my opinion.

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

Keep the logo and the name...dammit, I can't say Nuuk Nukes, can I...

I'm actually perfectly fine with having a team in Mexico, and I don't feel that it's terribly out of place. But since the idea's been put out there, I suppose I should suggest a city with a significant Native American population--on this list, Oklahoma City and Albuquerque seem like a couple of reasonable choices.

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

I actually very much share the "stop handing out more free TPE" opinion held by a lot of older members of the site, and it's for that reason that I'm not 100% in favor of it. But, whatever, it's the most wonderful time of the year, and I'm not about to say no to some fresh upgrades.

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

Whole lot of family stuff. Going to work late tomorrow, early the next morning, family stuff that evening, more family stuff the next day, so tonight is the last break I'll be able to catch for a while.

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

I do love surprises, but nothing beats a good book.

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

I'll throw out a few. Munch on these, ya creeps.

-I'm currently in college, studying chemical engineering. 

-I'm a fairly decent trumpet player, average guitar player, and shitty bass player.

-Even though this is my favorite sim league by far, football is actually my favorite sport in real life.