SHOCKING: Matthew Materazo's wife Karen leaves him, takes the kids

Matt_O

Around two months ago, Matthew Materazo had a child with his wife Karen, and named him Xander. But Karen wasn't happy with the lack of committment that Matt was showing in the relationship.

"One time she said that she was going out, so I had to watch the kid. I had a game for the Americans that night, so I just brought him to the game. She wasn't very happy." Materazo told us in an interview.

What we believe was the turning point with the relationship was during Game 2 of the Wild Card series between the Americans and the Titans. It happened to be Karen and Matts anniversary night, and Karen did not want him to play in the game. Matt insisted on playing and did in fact play in game 2, where he scored the Americans only goal in the loss. 

"That was it for me" Karen told us. "I was so pissed, years of frustration finally boiled up and I just decided to leave him."

She also took Xander with her, who now takes his mothers last name. Matt was unhappy with this. "Yeah, its bullshit. How will he play hockey if Karen doesn't know the difference between a hockey stick and a chainsaw!?" Xander Hughes had started to play hockey already, but just around the house. Matt told us that he enjoyed slamming his toys against the walls, as if he was checking someone. He also has grown to 2'7, seven inches above the average baby. His future in the VHL may take a hit with this news, but he still looks strong as a potential season 73 draft candidate.