Andrei Mikhailov: Looking to prove himself [2/2]

Big Mac

Andrei Mikhailov

DE7D78ED-E337-47C4-AC58-6F1B7EA156D2.thumb.jpeg.d09dc0a83813d45e019821a89f41c72c.jpeg

Early Life

Mikhailov was born in the city of Moscow to two high school students. His father dropped out of high school and became a mechanic. It wasn’t until Andrei was 7 where he learned about hockey. At this point in time nothing important was happening and Andrei was living with his mother and grandparents. His father left soon and decided that it would be better if he was gone, and the story leaves a young Andrei in tears. 7 years later pass. Andrei was celebrating his birthday during winter and he usually played basketball, but decided it was to cold for that. His grandfather had a pair of skates for Andrei, as a present. Andrei didn’t know what to think of the gift, but he appreciated it.  Few minutes passed and his grandfather brought out two hockey sticks and announced that "Andrei and I will be going to the rink." (In Russian). So to the rink they went, and of course Andrei had fallen a few times and didn’t understand the rules, but he did get a big hit (progress!). Andrei began his passionate love for ice hockey, and he practiced at a lake with his grandfather. Slowly getting better and better. He was determined to finally become the superstar of his family, and shine out. He soon got a goal and started practice even more and more. Sometimes he’d work night and day. He was tireless, and wouldn’t give up any time soon. He would later say "I didn’t sleep often, which isn’t something you should do, but I believe if I didn’t do that I wouldn’t be the way I am today."

774E57CB-F271-45E7-820E-29BE205A713F.thumb.jpeg.e9fbb76ddb8e25777b2e58303f0c19df.jpeg

He thought in his mind at the time he would play basketball and hockey. This decision didn’t last long. When he was 11 nearing the end of his Early Life, he sprained his ankle playing basketball, and he wouldn’t be able to play either sport for 12 weeks, and stopped his basketball career. He didn’t usually shine, and it’s hard for most people to recover from an injury, but Andrei was determined to make it big in the hockey industry so he signed up for a youth league. In his under 13 league he had a pretty good run with 30 pts in 40 games with 19 goals and 11 assists. He had two more good runs as a captain and an alternate. He once made headlines in a magazine, and gained some fan around his local area. He tried his best to stay humble, and he failed terribly, and he was very boastful and bragged often. The next year when he was 12 he had 28 goals and 38 assists in 40 games captaining the squad.They won a championship Andrei's first.

Teen Years

After some solid years in the youth hockey league where he was seen to be to small for hockey in the professionals at 6'0 and 129 lbs (due to his weight). This wasn’t a problem for him though, as when he got older he suddenly had a huge unexpected growth spurt in which he became 6'4 (at 15). Nobody in his family could even graze 6'3 as an adult. The doctor was shocked at the sudden growth. They knew he was gonna be bigger than average but not 6'4. It was a new thing for him, as he struggle with some things, and overall felt different.  He started putting on some weight to support his new height and setup a new daily routine. When he was 16 he dropped out of high school to compete in some more hockey leagues. He ended up joining the KHL (formerly RSL) and signed to the Moscow Dynamo. In Moscow he became an Alternate Captain, and had 73 points in 56 games, yet he showed low signs of playmaking having 40 goals and 23 assists. By the end of the season he had finally reunited with his father, and they where on speaking terms. Andrei has said "I’m happy for what the future presents for me, and I’m hoping for,the best." He tried keeping his head up was trying to make up his mind on where he was going to the VHL, NHL, or SHL. Then he was faced with a trial in life, and boy was it a shock. His grandfather got cancer (pancreas) and was predicted to have three years left. His game started falling off, and he couldn’t practice the same way anymore. 

70B72374-5AA0-4C29-99C3-F13FD380DE85.thumb.jpeg.4831fde49e0746877bfcf940561b9f91.jpeg

He is finishing up his final season with Moscow, and the playoffs are coming to a end. He has currently declared himself eligible for the VHLM draft. He has grown to be 6'8 and 230 lbs. He has already been speaking to two GM's for VHLM team (one expansion one non-expansion). His team closing in for a championship, and Andrei leading them to gold. Though his focus is on the championship, but his main focus is what does the future hold for him. A decision he always lauded off on, and a decision he would soon later make. A good surprise happened during the playoffs and it was He was healed of his pancreatic cancer.

Plans For the future

Andrei plans that he might later sign as a NHL free agent. He wants to try his best, but he doesn’t have high expectations, and doesn’t think he’ll ever win an outstanding player of the year award. His teams that he thinks he will be joining in the VHLM are the LYNX, Hounds, and the Marlins. The future is bright for this 'Young Russian' with high expectations and high potential, it is up to him to keep his work ethic and stay active on the ice. Hopefully he doesn’t become lazy and give up, but in the end it is his choice. A choice of will he follow through or will he play it off. He is planning to land somewhere in Souther Canada or Northern US. He has prepared for this day and he is ready.

Hockey Stats

Pros

Scoring: The thing he practice most on the lake was his scoring. He had to shoot 250 shots a day to improve his shooting, and it played off.

Skating: Of course when he was on the lake, he had to practice skating, and he failed at first (terribly) but he has prevailed and he is learning to get better.

Checking: He practiced poke checks on his grandfather and when he went into to games he took his frustrations out on the other kids, and it worked. 

Downsides

Discipline: He is still a kid and kids are hot-headed, and they always wanna prove something when they shouldn’t, and Andrei is the same way.

Passing: He used to be known as a playmaker, but he stopped having that satisfaction of sharing, and he is selfish, so that’s not a good combo.

Defense: He often has late back checks and can’t really cover or block shots, and he’s a goalie's enemy not only on offense but defense also. 

Edited by Big Mac
Due to reviews

Review: 
I'm torn on this one, because I liked the start of it but at the end I felt like you went more into of a "Rookie Profile" direction, but I'm not gonna hold that against you.
I like your choice of pictures and your comments under them, gave more insight into your thoughts and decisions.

Personally I would've liked if you included more info on your "Early life" and "Teenage years", because to me it sounded more of a rookie profile, but overall nothing bad, I can see that you put time and creativity into this, good job ?

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Andrei Mikhailov: Looking to prove himself [1/2]

@Big Mac

As @GRZ said, half of this Bio is written in a Rookie Profile type of way. Pros and Cons and that layout for it is supposed to be written for the Rookie Profile. This is backed up by the fact that you literally copied and pasted it from your Rookie Profile you posted. You can't take a big chunk of your RP and post it as your Bio as well.

Please add to this. You can talk about your high school hockey, college hockey, maybe young adult European hockey, etc etc etc.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Andrei Mikhailov: Looking to prove himself [1/2] [Under Review]
36 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Big Mac

As @GRZ said, half of this Bio is written in a Rookie Profile type of way. Pros and Cons and that layout for it is supposed to be written for the Rookie Profile. This is backed up by the fact that you literally copied and pasted it from your Rookie Profile you posted. You can't take a big chunk of your RP and post it as your Bio as well.

Please add to this. You can talk about your high school hockey, college hockey, maybe young adult European hockey, etc etc etc.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I kind of made it less about a rookie Profile and added some stuff, and I hope it helps. 

After looking at the updated version, You've constructed it much better. I would still suggest removing the Pros/Cons or find a way to tie it into his lore.

The cancer bit was a nice touch.

Good expansion, could use slight touches here or there. But I like it.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Andrei Mikhailov: Looking to prove himself [2/2]