Sad Ni?️​​​​​​​?️​​​​​​​a hours

Matt_O

After an alright rookie campaign for Materazo and a solid season for the Americans, the offseason comes to a start. The nerves of the expansion draft start to set in. "Last year, I wasn't nervous, but this year I feel on edge. I really would like to stay in New York, I hope they protect me" 

As the names were read aloud for the Malmo Nighthawks GM, Materazo waited to see his fate. When they reached the Americans, he was at the edge of his seat. "I wanted to contend, something that we will hopefully be doing in New York for a few seasons. If I'm taken in this draft, I may have to see myself with a cupless career." Wouldn't you know it, as his name was announced, he sunk into his chair. "I always wanted to play for my hometown team, since I was from Long Island. Being traded is one thing, but this is very bittersweet." Despite the sad feelings, he started to look to the bright side.

"At least I can get a chance to set all kinds of team records with Malmo. Maybe I'll even make the all star team. Plus their logo is sick, way better than New Yorks. Besides, I always wanted to go to Sweden."

He also had some departing words for the Americans. "It was a fun ride, but now Xander is going to be pissed. Hopefully the bad feelings will be put aside by time he gets older, or else you may have to miss out on an elite defenseman because of this. I think the beef will be put aside though. Good luck next year New York. I have to pack my bags."

Edited by Matt_O