Hackett On the Draft: "Yeah, I'm going up."

Renomitsu

Saskatoon, SK - As every VHLM GM should (hopefully) know, Apollo Hackett's going straight to the pros.

"It wasn't an easy decision. My GM, @Peace, has done so much for me this season getting me acclimated, and I hope that shows based on where I get drafted," Hackett said in a recent presser.

"I might have only played 40 games or so, but my buddies on the Wild - Juan @Jus, Nethi @nethi99, Rusty @K1NG LINUS, Emil, Anthony, and even you Ed," he said, laughing as he pointed to teammate Edgar Tannahill, "well, they're all I know, really. The VHL is intimidating. Buncha guys you hear about growing up, you know?"

We asked about his thoughts on the Wild next season.

"Peace'll have them ready. A few of us from this season end up with the Wild again, no doubt. And I hope I see a few more familiar faces in the pros in Season 67."

Hackett has the hopes of his family riding on him as he takes the step up; but many consider his rapid ascent a bit remniscent of his uncle's twenty years ago. When asked about his plans once going to the pros, Apollo shrugged.

"Hit some folks, block some shots, and get some assists, I guess. Hoping I can get some early minutes. Otherwise, sky's the limit. I'm planning on doing the wonderful city of Saskatoon proud, and hopefully you guys hear about me sooner rather than later. Maybe Rusty and I can teach forwards a lesson sooner rather than later, eh?"