Mikko is selected by Riga Reign.

GRZ

Just now it got confirmed, that Riga Reign have drafted Mikko Aaltonen 4th Overall in the S66 VHL Entry-Draft. Whole season Mikko was battling with some tough opposition, but managed to hold his place and got rewarded by being a Top5 pick in what seemed one of the deepest drafts. We caught him after being drafted for a brief talk.

"All season you were fighting hard both in the regular season and in the projected draft rankings, what are your thoughts having your name called out there 4th overall?"
"It's great, I got approached by Riga beforehand and right then and there I realized that it's definitely the right place for me"
"Talking about that, what exactly made you so interested in this deal?"
"You know, the GM made me known that he actually was scouting me throughout the whole season, so just that commitment alone is awesome, and the whole idea that he's seeing me as a great fit into their roster which already is stacked as it is, he had a plan for me and I honestly think it'll work out great."

"So do you feel pressured now, having a meaningful role in the future of Riga Reign?"
"Not at all, I'm here to play hockey and perform, I will always give my 100% in those both things, If my GM expects me to perform I will, the cup is what I'm aiming for, and nobody can stop me.