Continental Cup S66

leafssteen

Who will win the Continental Cup in S66?

My prediction is after a heartbreaking loss in the finals in S65, The Helsinki Titans will bounce back to win the cup! Let’s take a in depth look into why I think they will win the cup.

Goaltending

Alexander Pepper is an elite goaltender in this league and has proven he can play strong playoff hockey. Pepper is a very fast goaltender that never gives up on a play. He has proven throughout his career that he is a reliable goaltender that his team can depend on. In my opinion Pepper has improved every year and I believe this is his year to lead his team to a cup victory. 

Defence

Pepper will need a strong defensive core to help him take their team deep into the playoffs. The Titans top 2 defensemen include Dan Montgomery and Jesse Wilson. These two are both elite defensemen that will be depended on highly during their cup run. Another strong defensemen who has been improving greatly is Sidney Crosby! I think it would be beneficial for the Titans to pickup one more veteran defence before the playoffs to make there defence even more solid! 

Offence

The thing that excites me most about this team is their incredible offensive talent. Matt Thompson leads the team offensively and is the best player in the league in my opinion! When Thompson is on his game he is nearly impossible to stop! On top of having the best offensive player in the league the Titans also have all star forward Julian Borwinn. This guy has incredible talent and has three consecutive 70+ point seasons! How can you stop this incredible offence? Another big offence threat is Kronos Bailey who is coming off a 87 point season! The Titans are stacked offensively with some of the best in the league. I don’t think any team will be able to slow down their offence come playoff time.  

In conclusion I believe the Titans will win the cup based on an offensive overload, decent defence and solid goaltending!