Palo leaves Haterade in stunning fashion [2/2]

jRuutu

V3nGSLH.png&key=fc19230530a03cb07507f014

S65 Sponsor´s Shield tournament has been over for couple weeks now, but wounds are still healing. Haterade, once so proud organization has hit the bottom, finished last with 0 wins from 12 games. Many were speculating if it´s just Haterade and the players being true to the brand, mocking the whole tournament by not even trying to win. Some said that can´t be the case when in S63 the team actually tried and even won games, so whatever was going on behind the scenes was not as black and white as wanting or not wanting to win.

We decided to ask from Rauno Palo, one of the more familiar names in Haterade team over the past few years what happened with Haterade and why did he decide to terminate his personal deal with the brand:

It was not an easy decision, I felt like the direction of the team was not where I personally wanted to go, I mean I don´t even know where the goalies came from, but they did not look like professionals, drinking beer and smoking between periods. Even when the brand´s name is Haterade and we take pride in doing things a bit differently, there are still certain limits that should not be crossed. Unfortunately, the team was not ready to play and it showed, the roster was not deep enough and as mentioned, goalies could have been better. Then there is the whole mental side of it all, start in a poor way and get destroyed, not easy to bounce back and play when it looks like a mission impossible out there.

Anyways, in true Haterade fashion - I decided to terminate my contract in the middle of the tournament. Not a smart choice maybe, but as one of the senior players in the team, I felt like that is the right way to try and wake everybody up. Remains to be seen if it worked or if anything happens, but I want to say that it´s a shame organization like Haterade is not able to play on a higher level, 0 wins from 12 is a disgrace.

That is all I have to say, I wish Haterade and the fans best of luck in the future. Thank you.

A lot of words and very little information, the Haterade way to speak with the media, but remains to be seen what happens with Haterade, the brand needs new blood into the roster and they also need to find a way to bring back the Haterade attitude from the past.

Rauno Palo himself has not released any information on what he will do in the future, but judging from the shirt he was wearing in our quik interview: ´I´m never playing in Sponsor´s Shield tournament again´ - suggests that he might be retiring from Brands hockey and perhaps focusing on staying fit for VHL and maximizing the length of his career that way. I believe the next Sponsor´s Shield tournament is played on S67, so plenty of time to make things happen!

• 2 months later...

Review: As someone who is new to the VHL, this is really a hilarious article to read. I love the tongue-in-cheek humor you put in it. The image adds to the theme of the media spot, and I like how the quote is set apart, marking it distinctly from the rest of the piece. Great work!

4 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Review: As someone who is new to the VHL, this is really a hilarious article to read. I love the tongue-in-cheek humor you put in it. The image adds to the theme of the media spot, and I like how the quote is set apart, marking it distinctly from the rest of the piece. Great work!

read all of his articles they are comedy.

Review: Ok, this is one of the best media spots I've ever personally read. 10/10 I laughed the entire way through it (best joke was the goalies smoking and drinking beer in between each period). Looking forward to your future work!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Palo leaves Haterade in stunning fashion [2/2]