FIX THE LOTTERY SYSTEM GODDAMMIT

Why don't we just enter people in a random draw based on their activity? Each week a player must have:

- A minimum of 15-20 posts (at least one in each of their own team's game thread for each game)

- Have claimed a minimum of 6TPE (point task or welfare claimed at minimum) 

The first is making sure they are active in the sense of posts and on their team. The second ensures they are active in claiming TPE. Each successfully active week meeting both criteria gives a player one entry. Four entries per month maximum per player. 

5 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Why don't we just enter people in a random draw based on their activity? Each week a player must have:

- A minimum of 15-20 posts (at least one in each of their own team's game thread for each game)

The first is making sure they are active in the sense of posts and on their team. The second ensures they are active in claiming TPE. Each successfully active week meeting both criteria gives a player one entry. Four entries per month maximum per player. 

And have each player keep track and prove their entries - have someone organize the entries but make the players ensure they are meeting the requirements each week if they want to win. 

4 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Requiring posts in every one of that player's game threads seems like a bit much, as does 15-20 posts. Scaled back, though, this could certainly work. It would be hell for whoever has to compile entry lists for every week, though. Perhaps it could be coded, but @Will would know about that much better than I would. 

3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Requiring posts in every one of that player's game threads seems like a bit much, as does 15-20 posts. Scaled back, though, this could certainly work. It would be hell for whoever has to compile entry lists for every week, though. Perhaps it could be coded, but @Will would know about that much better than I would. 

Yeah certainly coded would be the best. And that's one of the reasons too I added the force players to keep track of their own entries so someone doesn't have to do it cause it would be way too much for one person to keep track of that. Kind of like how we do reviews, have the users post their direct links and then post a quik screen shot of their successful claims that week?

Idk just rambling here

2 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Yeah certainly coded would be the best. And that's one of the reasons too I added the force players to keep track of their own entries so someone doesn't have to do it cause it would be way too much for one person to keep track of that. Kind of like how we do reviews, have the users post their direct links and then post a quik screen shot of their successful claims that week?

Idk just rambling here

Either way, it would suck to have to check on that. Not an updater but I can imagine how much more difficult the job would be. If it weren't coded it would certainly be possible, but the updaters would likely hate the idea.

17 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Either way, it would suck to have to check on that. Not an updater but I can imagine how much more difficult the job would be. If it weren't coded it would certainly be possible, but the updaters would likely hate the idea.

What about a good old fashioned lottery then lol? Just any type of activity on the forum each week in a month and if you have been on and posted at least something you are entered into a random draw. One entry per player. One player picked from each league. You have 48 hours to claim your prize. If you don't claim it will be redrawn.

• Commissioner
On 5/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, Will said:

Id like to test out a lottery with player store cash. Buy tickets with your contract money for chance to win more money or player store items. 

I'd be happy with this approach. Make people stake a minor amount on a weekly. Then it's actual gambling instead of just a free giveaway.