The Aussie ( Thomas Kennedy's Bio) [2/2]

Name: Thomas Kennedy

Position:  Center

Height: 6'4 (76 inches)

Weight: 175 lbs

Place of Birth: Australia, Brisbane.

Thomas Kennedy is a center from Brisbane, Australia. He has spent a year in the VHLM, and has been drafted in the Dispersal at 57th, and the Entry He was selected 3rd to last. He has been a very big surprise to the members who have noticed his hard work, and maybe one of the biggest steals if he actually makes it to a VHL game. He currently plays for the Ottawa Lynx, but the Seattle Bears have VHL rights to him. This is going to be a biography about him obviously, and I will try my best to not make this sound dry. 

Early Childhood

Thomas was born to a mechanic and a pharmacist. His father was a big man who saw that his children (of 7) should toughen up. Thomas is the child of 7 (which I have mentioned earlier). He has 4 brothers Charlie (Age: 28), Michael (Age: 27), Timothy (Age: 25), and Nathan (Age: 22), and He has a sister who is the youngest of the group named Miriam (Age: 14). His mother on the other hand was strict, and saw that her children should never have anything to do with 'Horse Play' or 'Tomfoolery', and thought little of boys who get in fights. It was pretty hard for Thomas to imagine having a love for hockey, and it’s mainly because hockey it’s just not that loved in Australia. Speaking of the matter Thomas didn’t even know hockey existed until he was 8. 

While flipping through the hockey channels he somehow found a minor hockey league in Australia, and he was glued to the tv. He started researching hockey, and eventually found a league called the VHL, and the league hadn’t been up for a very long time only heading into it’s 5th season, but nonetheless he was addicted to the league. He decided that was gonna be him on the ice not just watching the players, but him on the ice. So he stormed to his parents and told them his goal. They where definitely reluctant, but he convinced them, and he got skating lessons and signed up for a junior team.  

Kennedy was not a superstar player at this moment in time. Though he wasn’t completely terrible. He managed to score 11 goals and 14 assists in 40 games which is a total of 25 Points. Again not great, but it’s a start. At this point Kennedy was training, and quit because he realized how scared the other kids where of his presence. So he left them alone until he was 15 when he was prepared. 

Teenage Years

Kennedy put on the skates again for the first time in 3 years. Just like Gordie Howe he was taking a break, and when he came back he was the first 13 year old in his league to realize I’m actually fucking good so he went out there and he proved it. He led the league in points and assists. He totaled up 24 goals and 38 assists in 38 goals (missing two due to suspensions) which totals in 62 Points. When he was 14 he was pressured as he became Captain, but realized its fucking Australia there’s really no competition. Plus his dad forced him to play. He led the league again with 30 goals and 37 assists. Totaling in 67 Points. He realized it was to easy playing all these bums so he begged his dad to move to America to play for the Eerie Otters. His dad told him that it isn’t that easy and he needed to learn that life won’t always be that easy, and he needed to learn the definition of hard work. So Thomas got a job, and boy oh boy, did he learn his lesson. He payed his dad 150$ AUD (which is around 100$ in USD). His dad told him the minute his attitude got ahead of him he was coming back to the land down under. So he finally left the hockey hating country, and went to America. 

Thomas arrived at Pennsylvania then learned that Connor McDavid was a human being so he was placed on the 2nd Forward line. In Pennsylvania he was a favorite, where he would often get into verbal fights with McDavid. When he learned McDavid was leaving for the NHL one of his most famous quotes was said "Isn’t that the bum league?" He got attacked, but he did believe it was the bum league. He finished the season as one of the few 2nd line Alternates with 59 Points having 39 assists and 20 goals. The next season he was still the alternate, and he was probably the most boring, as he was on the 1st line and asctually had to do as he said "I had to do shit for once". He finished the season with 63 Points totaling in 33 assists and 36 goals. His only season with the Otters where he decided to be selfish. He was nearing his last years with the Otters, but he decided to go strong. He was captaining the team and again had to do shit, but his shit was good. He ended the season with 73 Points with 32 goals and 41 assists. He then had a choice to go with the Simulation Hockey League, the Victory Hockey League, or the National Hockey League. He already cleared out the NHL so it was SHL or the VHL. So he chose the VHL. He declared for the draft. He finished his last season with 75 Points and has 30 goals and 45 assists. He had his most famous quote that season after losing his first home game "Don’t pressure me man, I’m only Kennedy." 

VHL/VHLM

Kennedy had a call from the AGM of the Ottawa Lynx after declaring for the draft and was told the deadline was over, but he was offered a contract to play the remaining 31 goals. He didn’t have a great start only having 3 Points , but he looks to prove himself. In the Entry he was selected by the Bears, and soon after the Bears GM was suprised at how good he was, and is very proud at making a outstanding trade, and I would be to. Kennedy has walked into the season with some good gloves after playing so far 7 games and knocking in 3 goals and 1 assist. The future is looking bright for Kennedy. 

(I know I had no pictures they wouldn’t go through.)

E4EFF451-4C14-4891-A2D1-35F5C63BA1D4.jpeg.4c8a2d6702cd4e506343205bdefab2fb.jpeg

Review: It was well written. It’s nice to see that you indented and spaced things out. Part of it I had a good laugh. Though some if it seemed a bit extra. If you ever re-wrote this maybe add more to the VHL/VHLM section. Also It would be nice to space out between early childhood and the paragraph before it. Overall good biography. 

Review: Great piece, your writing feels very personal and relatable. I definitely identify with the childhood section of the biography - the detail of discovering hockey on TV and becoming obsessed with it is nice. I feel like I went through that too as a kid. I like the rivalry with Connor McDavid too. The quotes highlighting your frustration and struggles is a nice personal counterpoint to the hockey stats. Great work! 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to The Aussie ( Thomas Kennedy's Bio) [2/2]