Why does Hackett lead the VHL in PIMs?

Renomitsu

Riga, Latvia - Apollo Hackett, through six games, is in a three-way tie for first in penalty minutes with 28 through just 8 games. When asked about this, he spoke about the officiating:

"Y'know, it's kind of weird. I don't have anything against the stripes, of course, but they keep using this one specific ref.

I chirp a lot less than most of the guys in the league, really. But this ref does this weird thing where he'll just skate about two feet in front of me, facing me and doing that 'I see you' gesture over and over again."

When asked to elaborate, Hackett just shrugged. "I don't know what to tell you, but I've never had the same official for so many games in a row. He gave me a boarding penalty for looking at him the wrong way, but I was just trying to keep track of the wingers we were playing against," he said, "I think he just wants me to keep eye contact with him for 20 straight minutes while I'm on the ice. It's a little unsettling, but you have to play with the officiating."

When the tape of each of Riga's games were reviewed by our staff, the disturbing details were revealed. The referee, who will go unnamed here, did indeed spend a large portion Riga's games staring at Hackett while skating close to and gesturing repeatedly at him. However, more disturbing is that the ref frequently stared at the correct active broadcast camera when not looking at Hackett, terrifying several members of our research team.

God help us all.

28 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

Be that as it may, I'm more worried about this hard-ass serial killer/stalker ref we've got in Latvia, plz send help @K1NG LINUS

Shackleford ain't above fighting a ref. Plus they can't call penalties if all the refs are unconscious.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, K1NG LINUS said:

This seems to be a pattern with Saskatoon players. Peace keeps pumping out goons.

Saskatoon resents that statement, sir, we've also produced some great offensive talent!