Zoiderberg Press Conference!

1. What do you miss most about Sweden?

2. What is your favorite thing about living in Mexico City?

3. Where do you think MEX will finish this season? How far will they go?

4. How does it feel to be named as part of the leadership group in MEX?

5. What do you think about your goalie's play as of late? What can your team do to help?

1. What do you miss most about Sweden?

The unlimited access to pickled fish. Most of what you get here in Mexico City is either pickled or raw, and it doesn't have quite the same bite. The hockey in North America is incomparable though, I love every game here.

2. What is your favorite thing about living in Mexico City?

There is so much music and life on the streets! I met a young boy named Enrique and he said that my pet octopus Philippo had a Mexican name, neither of us knew that! I'm not thrilled that we're more or less landlocked, I miss the ocean air on my face as I went for a skate in the morning.

3. Where do you think MEX will finish this season? How far will they go?

We're finishing minimum top half, but I think we can clinch top three if we keep up with our momentum this season. My playmaking is only going to get better, and we have so many skilled finishers on the team the goals will come in time.

4. How does it feel to be named as part of the leadership group in MEX?

Woah! I was named part of the leadership group? News to me! I'll gladly wear the A and do all I can to deserve the honor of doing so. 

5. What do you think about your goalie's play as of late? What can your team do to help?

I mean, look at that stat line, Nobles has been fantastic! We've only got three players on the team with a positive +/- right now, and that's got to change. I'm just as guilty as anyone else being a minus two. We've got to win board battles and make sure our big bodies are making a difference there. Nobles can't do it all on his own, we have to put up a show in front of him too!

• 2 weeks later...

1. What has surprised you the most about VHL since joining?

There's so much activity and community here. I had originally joined for more of a time sink, but I've made quite a few friends I enjoy talking with and the community really extends beyond the fantasy game.

2. If you could start again tomorrow, would you do anything differently? 

I would have not dumped points into leadership! That cost me 500k I could've spent elsewhere, like on anchovies! Sweet, sweet anchovies. We at them all, oh god WE ATE THEM ALL!

3. Do you have a VHL team you're hoping to get drafted by?

I mean, Helsinki is kind of the homer pick, but who doesn't want to be on a winning team? They are Finnish though, which doesn't really jive with my Swedish ancestry. Vancouver's a close second, it's my home away from home.

4. Do you plan to GM one day?

No sir, way too much responsibility there! I like to play for fun, get my points in, and troll the game threads. I'm not here for a second job unlesss its something I enjoy, like writing!

5. Do you participate in any other online simulation games?

This is the only one, truth be told. I've played some online rpg's like Power Advantage back in the day, and have plenty of DND experience under my belt, but its not often that the venn diagram of my sports interests and nerdy interests overlap!

6. Do you have your next player in mind already?

Way too early for that, I'm still learning the ropes of my first character. Maybe a dman though? Hard to tell, I've got eight+ seasons ahead of me yet!

1. Who's your favorite teammate?

2. What are some goals you have for your career?

3. How do you feel about one day participating in international hockey?

4. What do you think is your player's biggest strength?

5. You said like you like to write, what sort of stuff do you like to write?

6. What have you been up to this offseason?

7. Have you made any rival players or teams in the VHL?

8. What NHL player would you compare yourself to?

9. What are you most looking forward to this season?

10. What would it mean to you to win a championship?