Hounds to host "Throwback Night"

cody73

It might be the Mississauga Hounds inaugural season in the VHLM, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy having a little fun. After going ahead and unveiling their jerseys earlier this season, the front office decided to play "what-if" and asked a couple people to design a "throwback" jersey as if the team had started 20 years prior. The jersey, which is supposed to evoke the days of the "Mighty Ducks, Lady Liberty, the Flames when they made the Cup" & "What Tampa Bay could've been wearing had they chosen to use the colour scheme they had originally", according to the lead graphic designer on this project, is a very sleek looking sweater with angular arm stripes evoking the late 90's/early 00's aesthetic while also having some modern touches, like the numbers being on the shoulders and will be worn for the teams final home game, against the Minnesota Storm. 

Here's what the sweater looks like itself: E0JB65C.png

When asked about the jersey, Hounds Captain and current leading goal scorer Cody Smith said "I think it's cool and it looks good. The fact the team's willing to do stuff like this is great for the fans. I know some minor-league team do contests where fans can submit designs and then they'll auction them off. Maybe they could do that here in 'Sauga." 

As for these sweaters, rumour has it they might indeed be auctioned off after the game, however so far no charity has asked the team about this. Others have speculated that if the team wins their final home game in these, they might wear them for the playoffs as a quote-on-quote "Good Luck Charm", as has been seen with alternate jerseys in the past. When asked about that idea, Smith responded "That could be a cool idea too, but we'll see what the future holds. It'll come down to how we do in that game, and it's still a long season. We should be focused on the now, not the when. We just lost our last three games, now's not the time to talk about playoffs, or good luck charms, or whatever. This jersey is being worn for our final home game of the year, we opted to show it off to our fans now, it's not that big of a deal. What is a big deal, at least in my opinion, is our losing streak.... and I, as captain, need to step up. 3 point in the games we just played isn't cutting it. I might have the lead for goals scored, but the guys trailing me have a game in hand. I'm furious at my own state of play and need to set a better example out there, not just for my teammates, but for the young fans in the stands. A guy like me is supposed to bring his A-Game against a tough opponent, and I haven't done that.  Hopefully we snap our rut against the Marlins, but we'll see, won't we?" 

Whatever the case may be, the Hounds are certain to look great on their home-ice.