Frans Eller's VHLM Acclimation

Ace

DING. DING. DING.

Most people these days have an alarm clock, but here in Copenhagen, it makes it super easy. The bells in the Catholic church next door ring consistently right at 8:00 AM. I love it here in Copenhagen – it’s a classical historic Scandinavian city in Europe. We have a beautiful waterfront, and believe it or not, we’re a budding hockey community.

I grew up following the other major hockey league, the SHL. I followed the career of Erik Chisling, Manhattan Rage and Calgary Dragons alumni. He was an amazing player. He truly revolutionized the game and was the first true offensive defenseman, and most importantly, he was from Copenhagen. He never forgot where he was from, too, and when he won the Challenge Cup he brought it back home.

Obviously, I am here, talking to the VHLM media. That’s a pretty clear indicator that I am not following the same path. This is different, but at its core, it’s the same. I have to do my homework on the intricacies on how to be the best player I can be here in the VHL, but I think with the right structure in place, the right mentoring, I can carve out a career that’s just as memorable as the one that Chisling was able to do with the SHL.

Something about the VHL that’s really caught my attention right away is that it’s less focused on North America. It’s refreshing to see a league that has kept the European hockey community in mind, and has included them with actual teams rather than just exhibition or one-off games to placate to the market. It’s not fair to ask your European fans to wake up a 1:00 or 2:00 AM to watch games. It just doesn’t work that way. We’re also at a time with technology that recording a game and watching it later simply doesn’t work. We’re in an age where information is accessible in real-time and you’re bound to be spoiled on a game unless you watch it live. This is awesome – I love seeing teams in Davos, Malmo, Riga, Helsinki. I just think we need a Copenhagen team. Maybe that’s something that can change in time.

I have signed a contract for the remainder of the season with the Houston Bulls. I haven’t ever been to Texas, I just got a call from my agent and he is arranging my travel. Excitement, nerves, fear…. I have a rudimentary understanding of the English language, but going down where there are Cowboys, pick up  trucks and the orange man’s wall to keep our the “bad hombres – this is going to be a culture shock and a half for me. I can’t wait to get started though. You never know how you’ll do until you get out there on the ice and play the game.

Thank you to Frostbeard for giving me a chance. I know the Bulls have struggled, but I appreciate the opportunity to show what I have for the upcoming VHLM draft. Keep an eye out for Frans Eller, GMs.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Ace said:

MOVED THIS TO BIOGRAPHY - NOT CLAIMING THIS AS MEDIA SPOT

This doesn’t qualify for a bio is the main problem. Not enough words for one (512 and bios need 1000) and also not really the kind of content that bio’s are meant to be. Bio guidelines can be found HERE

16 minutes ago, Beketov said:

This doesn’t qualify for a bio is the main problem. Not enough words for one (512 and bios need 1000) and also not really the kind of content that bio’s are meant to be. Bio guidelines can be found HERE

I meant rookie profile, but it looks like it doesn't qualify there either.