Yamazuki's Pre Minors Presser

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, Donno100 said:

Ask me anything.

What team do you want to be drafted to? 

What kind of forward are you going to build?

Cake or Pie?

Favorite VHL/M Moment?

Forums vs Discord?

Worst Topping on a pizza?

Edited by Acydburn

5 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

What team do you want to be drafted to? 

Probably someone in the American Conference.

10 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

What kind of forward are you going to build?

A Punishing Forward. I want to be able to dangle a fast one for a goal on Offense, while also being a hard-hitting force on defense.

14 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Cake or Pie?

Cake.

14 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Favorite VHL/M Moment?

When I pulled off that big ass upset against Helsinki in S65 with JHC. That was one of the most memorable moments that have happened to me.

22 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Forums vs Discord?

Discord. The Forums aren't my place for having convos unless it's a game of mafia that I'm playing. Plus I'm discord pretty actively.

24 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Worst Topping on a pizza?

It's a three-way tie between Mushrooms, Pineapple, and Ham.

1. Going to add any fighting to your skill set?

2.  Have you ever seen a Japanese person that is taller than you?

3. Any goal or point targets that you would like to hit next season?

4. Do you show up to training camp in good shape or worry about getting into shape when training camp starts?

5. Latest movie you watched?

On 7/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, jRuutu said:

Going to add any fighting to your skill set?

Definitely. Fighting is a useful skill to use against those who desire to start degenerative nonsense with me.

Have you ever seen a Japanese person that is taller than you?

Nope. I'd say I'm the only person in my town back home who's this tall. Which makes my height much more of a gift that was given to me among lucky chance.

Any goal or point targets that you would like to hit next season?

To be the fastest skater or the greatest scorer this minor league has ever known. Speed and Power are my key traits and what made me even be considered to come over here.

Do you show up to training camp in good shape or worry about getting into shape when training camp starts?

I always show up in good shape. Being in bad shape and being focus messes up your true potential and makes you give out only half of what you can truly do. That's why I look down on those who put no effort towards what they do and waste the opportunity that was given to them by luck.

Latest movie you watched?

Child's Play. It was a movie that had the potential to be good, but of course, they fucked it up and now compared to the original, this one is a heaping pile of trash. 

1. What are you looking forward to next season?

2. Which are you more focused on, skating or scoring?

3. Where do you see yourself in three seasons?

4. Which NHL player would you compare yourself to?

5. How important is it to you to win?

6. What sort of discord locker room do you like to have?

7. What's the biggest weakness in your game right now?

8. How interested are you in participating in the world cup (international hockey)?

9. How quickly are you planning to earn?

10. What's the toughest part about just starting out as a player?

On 7/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. What are your short-term goals?

Try to become the best scorer in this season among a team that's full of them and fit into my role of a Punishing Forward.

2. Long-term goals in the VHL?

Become the best the league has to offer and maybe be the cause of a player type shift era where everyone will want to become an enforcer or a goon with how I shaped and played the game.

3. What made you choose the VHL instead of any other league?

I dunno. I just was hanging around the SBA one day and I said "hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a league for hockey?" and lo and behold, the VHL was the target place for me to go to. and thus here we are now

4. Who's your favourite VHL player?

It's either Jake Davis or Ryuu Crimson.

5. Favourite NHL player?

Patrick Kane.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:53 PM, StamkosFan said:

1. What are you looking forward to next season?

I'm looking forward to how we do during the season and that hopefully, we get ourselves to the finals and win a cup.

2. Which are you more focused on, skating or scoring?

Honestly both. They're both essential key parts to my game and how well I do during the games, so it's for the best I focus on both for my game.

3. Where do you see yourself in three seasons?

Probably somewhere in the American Conference, with myself being near the top of the leaderboard in probably either the top 10 or top 15 of the VHL.

4. Which NHL player would you compare yourself to?

I'd probably compare myself to Travis Konecny. I could see myself currently as a guy who breaks even with assists and goals and overall gives a nice amount of help to team I'm playing for. That would pretty much be me.

5. How important is it to you to win?

It's not that important to me, but it is nice to have a winning team that doesn't have to be carried by having superstars and can hold at least hold their own against the odds. Being a team that's rebuilding may be a hassle, but it's all for the progress that's made to making it.

6. What sort of discord locker room do you like to have?

One that's lively, active, full of personality, and has a GM that's actually involved with the team and talks to us about things rather than act like an estranged business owner who views the team more as a financial stepping stone than as a family of young kids who are maturing into viable talent for the future. That's happened to my team back in Japan, and because that, the players and staff suffered and our team got worse.

7. What's the biggest weakness in your game right now?

Probably Defense. I wasn't exactly very big on it back in the day, but now I see it as something I need to work on in order to be useful and not just a forgettable presence on the defensive side of the ice. Once I cover that base, I can only get better from here on out.

8. How interested are you in participating in the world cup (international hockey)?

For now, not interested. But maybe in a few years down the line, I'll be ready to represent Japan and help lead my country to a possible World Championship and come back to my old team with grace and a better reputation.

9. How quickly are you planning to earn?

Very quickly. Enough said.

10. What's the toughest part about just starting out as a player?

It would probably be trying to find out how to earn a lot of TPE quickly and cast yourself in the VHLM as a dominating figure. Some new users probably aren't as big on the whole thing yet and it may cause them to fall down the ladder quik if they don't take action on every TPE chance they get and become an absolute slut for TPE. That's what I think at least.