Michael Johnson's Journals

fonziGG

whats up sup GIF

July 8, 2019:

First off, I got drafted by Malmo, in the 1st round no less. Also, I get to laugh at @Acydburn considering I went ahead of him heh.

very funny lol GIF

Anyways, since I last wrote in this thing I moved to Malmo. Sweden is pretty dope. I found an apartment quik and I got my drivers license really quickly! Whats nice is I got to bring my parents and family with me to Malmo and check out all the sights. On the first day, we went to the Turning Torso, Malmo Castle, Kungsparken and the St. Peters Church. On the second day, me and the family went to the Ribersborg beach and things got awkward. Parts of this beach is a nude beach. I saw my aunt with no clothes on. I'm still scared of the thought to be honest.

My first day in training camp, I met the entire team right away. They were all super supportive of me and I gotta say, I think Malmo is going to be my kind of place. I told you, before the draft that I'm going to prove myself this season. My teammates told me right away, "You've got potential, use it. Become better, we'll get you there." I appreciated it a lot to be honest. I remember watching soccer and one of my icons Tony Adams says, "Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the name on the back.". Anyways, I got acclimated really quickly with the dudes, all super funny guys. 

We had a vote on the captaincy position and to be honest, I chose not to vote. I chose this because we have some friggin awesome dudes on the team and I can't choose who should be the captain. I think the C should be on everyone's jersey. Seriously, our leadership complex is insane. The team voted Jerry Garcia as captain with Matthew Materazo and Jack Lynch as assistant captains officially. When I first arrived, Matthew, Jerry and Jack all welcomed me with open arms and took me under their helm. I took a lot of slappers from these guys over the last few days in extra practice sessions and they're really getting me pumped up for the season. Gustav has a small peepee.

The driving here is insanely different but I think I can get used to it and it was easy to get my papers in order to move down quickly. My mom is a British citizen when I was born and that, surprisingly, helped since I'm a British citizen. I've never been to England though, but Malmo is a super sweet spot. PS, everyone looks at me weird considering I'm like 1/2 Indian and have a bit of shade. Most people here are intrigued by my background and cultural history. Sorry to say I'm boring as hell, born in Canada and I like Nandos and waffles. OH that reminds me, the waffles here are INCREDIBLE.

Malmo is my home now.

Lets do this,

Michael Johnson

Edited by fonziGG