Where Did the S69 FAs Go, Anyway?

Renomitsu

Go ahead and take a look at the free agency page.

Exactly one active player is up for team movement this off-season, and it's a Season 61 player with <200 TPA available. After last season's still-kinda-slow free agency, featuring exclusively Matt Thompson's decision and movement for a couple of veterans like Ismond Kingfisher and Kyson Blake, one might expect a few higher-priority players to spice up the FA pool, but clearly that's not the case.

And I suppose that's fine if team loyalty is the most prominent value for most players. But since virtually every trade deal happens behind closed doors and exchanges for stars are quickly followed by extensions, it kind of makes the off-season a little bland. And don't get me wrong - my player isn't an exception to this rule: I signed an extension this off-season for S69 myself. This season, there will be no waiting with bated breath to watch the first of many dominoes fall - in fact, every draftee will have more TPE than the one 'active' (loosely-speaking) free agent, unless the portal isn't quite correct.

I just wonder why virtually nobody wants to test the waters, especially this season provided the huge S66 class should have become FAs after playoffs; maybe it's because basically everyone's signed for the minimum nowadays. Hopefully we'll have a lot more movement after S69, because even if I enjoy seeing massive trades go down, I feel the uncertainty is only improved by a flurry of free agent signings.

5 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

Alternatively, it could just be a portal error and there are probably a ton of free agents this season. Who knows? ?‍♂️

Yeah I dont think this is right...i saw you liked my media spot, and Davos itself has like 6 or 7 pending free agents currently.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

Alternatively, it could just be a portal error and there are probably a ton of free agents this season. Who knows? ?‍♂️

It's not a bug, FA and trading aren't suspended yet via the portal. Just waiting for a commish to do it.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Josh said:

It's not a bug, FA and trading aren't suspended yet via the portal. Just waiting for a commish to do it.

I just switched FA off and trade deadline on. Meant to do that on Wednesday when the deadline passed but been busy. Thanks for the reminder.

15 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

I got a lot of negative feedbacks

For one Feedback*

For two, the negativity surrounding it was you being a prick to your GM. Not that you were going to FA (which you were up in the air about, which in turn is being a prick to your GM)