My Players from yesteryear

TheLastOlympian07

I joined the VHL way back in 2007 when I was about 12 years old. It has been a love hate relationship on the VHL. I have had a player in the first decade, the 2nd decade, I went inactive throughout the 30's, made a player for the 40's and finally have been back for good since the 50's with a player who has been VHL caliber 600+ TPE so far in each of my last 4 players. Let's look at the last 4 players who I consider my best.

Shawn Muller

Shawn Muller was just named after my fav Soccer player in Thomas Muller. He might be my most successful player as he won the cup in Season 51 with the Riga Reign. He finished somewhere in the top 75 in career scoring but has probably fallen off a bit since then. However, in the playoffs, Muller was top 10 in VHL scoring since then. He might have fallen out of the top 10 since then but he was the player I had the most fun with.

Shawn Gretzky

Gretz was named after Gretzky of course. He was supposed to carry on the momentum from what Muller created and finished with the most TPE of any player I have had with 895. He finished with 674 points in 575 games. Which is quite impressive which begs me to ask the question, what if I cared a little more. Gretzky also had 93 points in 81 games in the playoffs, Gretzky made the playoffs in 7 of his 8 VHL seasons. He may have been my best shot at the HoF so far

Shawn Brodeur

Broduer was supposed to be a successful foray into goaltender as he was my first goalie creation. It didn't turn out that way as he spent some seasons moving around rebuilding teams before winning the Continental Cup in Davos. Other than that, Brodeur was subpar. Which is whatever, being a goalie isn't that fun but it is what it is.

Shawnomir Jagr

Jagr is the most I have been active since Muller but the numbers just have translated that so far but he has been improving each season since being drafted. It remains to be seen if Jagr can turn on the jets in the 2nd half of his career. As I still yearn for the HoF at least once with one of my players. 

There is the history of TLO07's in the "Portal" era in the VHL