The New Mexico City AGM

Cxsquared

kingsman GIF

We are here today with the Mexico City King's new assistant general manager Brody Claymore. Brody is a new comer into the VHLM management scene. Previously, he helped the recent 3rd overall draftee, Guy Sasakamoose, start his career in the VHLM. With the new season starting we wanted to get his thoughts on his new team and how he was fitting into the front office.

Hi Brody. First off what brings you to Mexico City? Did you always want to come work here or did you just happen upon it.

When I thought about how my management career would start I never pictured myself here in Mexico City. It's not that I was against the idea, I just figured I'd start closer to home. But after spending a few weeks here before the draft I can so I'm really happy I ended up here. The staff and players have been so welcoming towards me. I'm super excited for the season to start.

Speaking of the draft, how do you think it went for the Kings? What kind of a role did you play in it?

I think the draft went swimmingly for us. We picked up 2 of the best defensive players in the league and built out a good group of forward prospects. We only had a few picks this year but I think we made the most of them. As for the process, my boss @Motzaburger and I both kind of did some scouting on our own and when we came together we had a lot of the same guys on our lists. I was just glad I could help out and with my connections I think we picked up a few sleepers that will work out great for us.

So what are your goals for this season?

Ultimately I think we can make the playoffs but we have to take it one game at a time. I'm just going to focus on helping out the team in any way I can. I want to make sure our players have the best possible time in the league and hopefully we can get them ready for the big leagues. Will we win the cup? I don't really know, but I do know that we'll try our hardest. Our players have a lot of potential, and all we can do is try and make that potential shine.

Well thank you for spending some time with us. I wish the King's good luck during the season and I hope to talk to you again when you make the playoffs.