Does the VHL Have a Turnover Problem?

Corco

Can't Somebody Please Hold Onto the Puck?

Bogo-pic-1260x800.jpg

Denver Wolfe and Balentine Kidd battle for puck possession

Does the Victory Hockey League have a turnover problem? Well, based on the one game I looked at and the minuscule amount of research I did on the topic, I'd say so! The game in question I looked at was Game #19, a contest between the Vancouver Wolves and the DC Dragons, with the end result being a 5-4 shootout victory for the visiting Wolves. 

If I had asked you how many turnovers do you think would occur in this VHL game, what would your response be? 25? 50? 100 even? Surely 100 would be the upper limit of your guess, right? WRONG. There were two-hundred and fifty-two turnovers in this game baby. Yep, that's right, in one minute, from 17:00 to 16:00 of the 1st period, there were nine turnovers between both teams. Thank goodness we don't keep track of giveaways and takeaways right now, because the sheer amount of them might possibly brick the server.

1 minute ago, DMaximus said:

286 by my count. Don't forget to count when a player is hit, loses control of the puck, and the puck is recovered by the other team.

D.C. turned the puck over on 26% of the total times they touched the puck. Vancouver 18%.

That's a good point, I was only counting intercepted passes.