Unsung Hero -- Solomon Crawford

Cornholio

You're probably wondering "WTF are you talking about", "Are you on crack or something"? Well, I can assure you that the latter statement is not true at all. The first statement, I'll be glad to elaborate with you. Solomon Crawford is a man of humble beginnings -- spending a half-season in the VHLM languishing and looking for an opportunity to show up and prove his worth. Last year, he got his full-time starting gig with the Mexico City Kings when he was taken #1 overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft of S68, and he was able to show his durability and the ability to bounce back from tough times. Despite not having much to work with, Crawford was able to help Mexico City to the number eight seed and a VHLM postseason berth. 

While Crawford's postseason experience in the VHLM was as short as one can be [swept in four games with a goal differential of -6] against the eventual champions Houston Bulls... it was Crawford's play between the posts that impressed the Prague Phantoms the most and they took Crawford #14 in the VHL S69 Entry Draft. A third of the season in, Prague made the controversial decision to put Crawford in as starting goaltender over the veteran Owen May, who was somewhat decent in his own right. Then came the Phantoms' slide down the standings and out of the postseason picture. 

Yeah, you're probably wondering why I picked him? Well... he took the promotion as humble as one can be, and didn't make it about himself at all. Not even one bit. He even elected to demote himself as needed if the team needed a winning streak to boost team morale. Through tough, trying times... Crawford was still able to post two shutouts, which accounts for half of his career wins to date. This man... hate him right now if you must, but you'll love him later on down the road.  

For you @AndrewWarren13

Edited by Cornholio