Really Spouting Nonsense

Acydburn

• Commissioner

Since I am a TPE whore and I haven’t done my media spot this week I’ll guess I’ll be spewing some VHL nonsense. I imagine most of it will be about my player and the Bears but who knows. To start out with the Bears they ended the season 2nd in the North American Conference and 4th in the league with 93 points. They had the 3rd highest goal differential and ended the year on a shoot out loss. When looking at the players on the team only one player was in the top 10 of the leagues. Meanwhile the top tanked team in North America had 4. Helsinki had two in the top 10, Moscow had 2. When looking at the average time played, only one player had less than an average of 29 minutes per game. That would be the one player from the Bears. Seeing as how the Bears didn’t do poorly one could infer that there was more depth scoring than relying on a particular player to carry the team *Cough* Connor McDavid *Cough*. When looking at team awards the most points goes to Dan Wilinsky with 81, 29 Goals 42 Assists. Dan also had the most goals on the team with 39, had the highest +/- with 40, the most penalty minutes, most Hits, Most shots, and highest points per 20 minutes. Some of the Awards that Willinsky didn’t win were most assists which goes to Hulk Hogan. The most minutes played goes to Guy Legrande, who played part of the season with the New York Americans. LeGrande also had the most shots blocked on the team and Most minutes played. Highest Shooting Percentage goes to Leph Twinger with 14.74%. Most power play points goes to Acyd Burn with 25. The unsung hero award goes to Berocka Sundqvist who not only took a cut on his ice time earlier in the season but switched his position to defense to help the team. Berocka is the truest definition of a Bear and makes everyone around him better. Finally, we get to the starting goalie Rayz Funk, since you can’t really compare the starter to another starter on the team we can compare his season to last season. Funk started one game more this season and posted a record of 29-22-4, last season was 38-22-4. Seems like Rayz picked up that extra win with the extra game played. This season he sits at a save percentage of .923 compared to last season .921. His goals against average is .923, last season was .924. Both season he had 8 shut outs, but this season he had a lot less goals against. Comparing 146 goals against this season to 155 last season. If something can be said about Funk it is that he is consistent. In the playoffs the Seattle Bears face off against the New York Americans. The New York Americans had 80 points on the season and at the midway point weren’t expected to make the playoffs, they seemed to have hit a winning streak about midway through the season. With the trade of Guy LeGrande to the bears for Kevin Low, this series has a little of a story behind it. I guess we’ll see how the playoffs, play out.