VHLM Playoffs Round One

Viper

VHLM PLAYOFFS ROUND 1 - by Kristopher McDagg AKA Viperxhawks19

Starting off with a 7-0 win for Saskatoon over Yukon. That started the playoffs, and it'll end it, too. The VHLM playoffs is a time where players can show their true playoff potential. Teams bleed and shoot, other bleed and choke. No mater what, you're dedicated. Saskatoon swept Yukon in round one. Then, Mississauga went on to sweep Ottawa in an action packed series. Moving on, we have San Diego getting a 1-0 series lead. Mexico City fights back to make it 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 , and ending it in game 5. Finally, not a sweep haha! Then Halifax and Philadelphia face off in a compelling series! Lots of back and forth battling and blood shed! In the end, Halifax went on to win the series. Now they have to face Saskatoon (I predict a sweeeeep). At the time of this article, 2nd round has started. I can only read player stats from 1st AND 2nd round, so yeah. David OQuinn from Saskatoon as a mouth watering 13 points in 6 games! Over a 2 PPG pace. Ondrej Ohradka and Edwin THE Encarnation follow closely behind with 12 points in 6 games. Playoff favorite: obviously Saskatoon. I may be bias, but I really believe Saskatoon will win. Saskatoon is just strong and fierce. The first round just showed everyone what the teams can do. It was a nice first round, and and even wilder second round, so I predict, and I believe everyone in the VHLM and VHL are excited to see the young talent. The VHLM playoffs are honestly more important for the VHL GM's because they can see who to draft/who they draftED and how they perform under pressure. The fact that we saw 2 sweeps and 2 action packed series in the FIRST ROUND ALONE is insane! The only thing that would have been better was a game 7, too! The world of hockey playoffs is an insane realm where people don't die. The old vets, don't die. The young guns, stride. Everything is insane. The wildness of this first round is insane because of the goalies. They don't get enough respect in the playoffs, from what I've seen. If they put up a great series and win a bunch, great! If they get swept, 'least they put up a great series to watch! Unless they were just truly awful, I think the playoff success comes from them! The goalies and players combine, though, is game changing. The fact that they can stand on top of their heads while juggling 3 pounds of pucks along with a sword of fire is insane. That is the amount of talent it requires to play like they do. One thing is for sure, though. The players and teams all put in effort, and do what they have to do. The fortunate ones think of something, and accomplish it. One might say, The Founders Cup.

Kristopher McDagg's work. All rights reserved.

© KMcDagg Articles