Burrow's journal (Mexico City round 1 recap)

Gaudette

Alex Burrows - Week Three Journal

Well here I am back with another entry to my journal. My team the Mexico City Kings made it to the playoffs and were playing the San Diego Marlins. (Spoiler Alert I didn't get a point). 

Game one. We came out slow in the first period allowing three goals in the first ten eighteen of the hockey game. Lewis Dawson gave us a bit of life in the second period and it was three to one. San Diego got one more early in the third putting us down by three. But goals by Bennett and two by Nyko made it a four to four game with fourteen minutes remaining in the third. But we went short handed in the third and San Diego was able to score making it five to four and us losing game one.

Game two. Mexico was not happy with there play in the last game but they came out in the first. Scoring two goals by Lagesson and Nyko nineteen seconds apart. In the second we were also soaring high scoring three more goals, Nyko Daldo and Lagesson. It was five to nothing for the Kings. San Diego was able to get one goal in the second and one in the third. Mexico took game two by a score of five to two. 

Game three. The boys were hungry out of the gate scoring one two minutes and fourteen second into the game on the power play and added another one later in the period also on the power play. Making it two to nothing for Mexico heading I go the second. San Diego must of had a talk in the locker room has they scored twenty five seconds into the period. Mexico was able to score one in between another San Diego goal. It was three to two coming into the third. And Jaxon Walker burried one in the third period! Mexico takes a two to one series lead!

Game four: Mexico scores one early into the first but San Diego answers shortly after. Lagesson scores one on the power play and Walker scores his second on the power play shortly after. It was three to one for the Kings after one. Ritchie scores his second of the game for San Diego and that was it in the second. Going into the third now Mexico is up by one. Ritchie scores his third of the game for San Diego and we are going into OVERTIMEEEEE. Mexico gets a power play and Walker shoots, and it's in Walker scores a hat trick in overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game five: Mexico can take the series tonight with a win but can San Diego force a game six? Lagesson scores the loan goal in the first for Mexico and its one to nothing for the Kings. Omdahl scores his first of the playoffs in the second period and San Diego answers quickly. Nothing happened in the third except I took a penalty. Mexico takes the series in game five!!!