San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

On 2/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, Mysterious_Fish said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 2/18/2024

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

Answer 3 get 1 TPE answer 6 get 2 TPE

1. Will the Marlins finish 3rd, 4th or 5th in the regular season?

2. Devote is 2 goals away from 50 goals and 2 points away from 100 points. Will he do it?

3. What is the player that has underperformed the most in your opinion?

4. What was your thoughts on the Superbowl in 10 or less words?

5. What is the player that has overperformed the most in your opinion?

6. Would you come back to SDM for your next player? Be honest idc

1) 3rd, cuz we the best.

2) No, probably not. Cuz that would be memeable

3) Me, obvi

4)  It was crazy, that overtime was even more so.

5) Me, obvi.

6) Yes, cuz it's cool

1. Will the Marlins finish 3rd, 4th or 5th in the regular season?

I think regardless of where we’ve finished, we’ve had a solid season so we can be happy with that 

2. Devote is 2 goals away from 50 goals and 2 points away from 100 points. Will he do it?

I think he did both if I remember correctly

Don’t really feel like answering a question that says someone didn’t do as well as they should

I didn’t watch it

Probably Wayne Gretzky given how bad they were attribute wise at start

Id Be fine but it’s a long way off yet

On 2/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, Mysterious_Fish said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 2/18/2024

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png

1. Will the Marlins finish 3rd, 4th or 5th in the regular season?

1. 4th overall, since I'm a little late to this I already got the answer but it isn't a surprise we finished down here.

2. HEHEHEHEHEHE, WASNT EVEN A GODDAMN QUESTION BABY, BEST MONEGASQUE PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!

3. Del Rocco was a little disappointing this season, though he got it back together in the tail end of the season and has been performing in the playoffs while Devote's been in his slump.

4. Fucking Rigged 100%

5. Adam for sure, he was definitely helped along by Devote and Schrute going on a tear, but he still way out-performed expectations from the start fo the season.

6. I've been here twice so why tf not!

• 1 month later...

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 3/24/2024

1. Are you happy with how your player performed so far?

2. I'm pretty sure a lot of you are 1st gens so how have you liked the VHL so far?

3. Do you have a favorite hockey team? If so how are they doing?

4. Who do you think has performed the best on our team so far?

5. How are you liking San Diego so far?

6. Who do you think will finish with the most goals this season? (on our team)

52 minutes ago, meandyoc said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 3/24/2024

1. Are you happy with how your player performed so far?

2. I'm pretty sure a lot of you are 1st gens so how have you liked the VHL so far?

3. Do you have a favorite hockey team? If so how are they doing?

4. Who do you think has performed the best on our team so far?

5. How are you liking San Diego so far?

6. Who do you think will finish with the most goals this season? (on our team)

1. Oh yeah, nothing but smiles. 9 points in 7 games played with a positive +/-. Not a lot to have a problem with.
2. Been a lot of fun meeting new people online and getting involved.

3. My Stanley Cup pick is probably the Oilers or the Rangers. These are controversial picks in the sense that they've left more to be desired. However, I think they have good attributes this season, and have solved holes in their games.
4. Hunter by a far margin. Big point getter.
5. Went well like last season!
6. I think Hunter if he keeps this pace up. 

1. I cant say im angry with my stats so far, lots of hits and blocked shots, changing that - to a + would be my biggest concern right now

2. Its great fun, love the community and I really enjoy being a part of this team

3. Planning the Leaf's parade right now

4. I think our team has some great players but I really think Ender has been a big contributor on the PP and dishing out some great assists in big moments

5. Im really enjoying playing for the Marlins, great community and I'm very grateful for the opportunity.

6. I think Hunter is my choice for most goals without a doubt, lucky to have a shooter like him on our team

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 3/31/2024

1. Were you happy with where you got drafted or if you were a waiver what made you choose San Diego?

2. If you could add any player in the VHLM to San Diego, who would it be?

3. Everyone who answered the other press conference last week said Hunter was going to finish with the most goals this season, so how many goals do you think he will end with?

4. Do you think I'm doing good as an AGM? Be honest.

5. Do you have a favorite hockey movie? If so what is it?

6. Who do you think should be our captain? 

On 3/29/2024 at 7:26 PM, meandyoc said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 3/31/2024

1. Were you happy with where you got drafted or if you were a waiver what made you choose San Diego?

2. If you could add any player in the VHLM to San Diego, who would it be?

3. Everyone who answered the other press conference last week said Hunter was going to finish with the most goals this season, so how many goals do you think he will end with?

4. Do you think I'm doing good as an AGM? Be honest.

5. Do you have a favorite hockey movie? If so what is it?

6. Who do you think should be our captain? 

1. I am very happy to be on san diego. I accepted a contract that was given to me to go here because I can save this team 🙏
2. I would add Badcolethetitan to my team we are in dire need of a carry like him.

3. He isn't quite Lightning Mcsnipe but he will end with a solid 25

4. Yeah I approve of the moves you have made so far. Getting Mcsnipe was truly a game changer.

5. Slapshot goated movie.

6. I think by next season Mcsnipe will have earned his rightfull spot as captain. Or Ray stanton dude is a stud.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/7/2024

1. We have been winning more games recently, how many wins do you think we will finish with?

2. What is something unusual that your player does before a game to get warmed up?

3. What is your favorite goal celebration? 

4. What position do you think we will finish in our conference?

5. Are you doing/are going to do fantasy zone?

6. We are reaching the trade deadline soon (I think) what do you think would be the best trade for us

(has to be reasonable)?

19 hours ago, meandyoc said:

1. We have been winning more games recently, how many wins do you think we will finish with?

2. What is something unusual that your player does before a game to get warmed up?

6. We are reaching the trade deadline soon (I think) what do you think would be the best trade for us

(has to be reasonable)?

1. 13 wins probably I think we gonna have a strong finish.

2. I usually place my stick inside a bucket of ice to get the tip colder just a very important superstition.

3. Got to be the stick too hot from Ovechkin.

4. Probably last but you never know what miracle can happen.

5. Uh I'm not sure yet maybe but probably not.

6. Pick up draft picks, move out some of the big guns this team has for a strong rebuild. Mcsnipe has lots of value to serve on another team 👀

On 4/7/2024 at 12:53 AM, meandyoc said:

Eagles has signed with the Marlins! Hopefully he can help win the rest of the games this season

Soccer Keep ups to get warmed up. Maybe not unusual but a completely different sport to get warmed up!

As a goalie I don't do any goal celebrations but I enjoy watching the guys on the ice celebrate and come up with new celebrations

Hoping we can squeak into a playoff spot during the final push but we will see

I do them all, I think they are fun and you can win some extra TPE

(has to be reasonable)?

Some defensive depth would be good as it seems we only have 1 defender currently

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/21/2024

1. Have you got any draft interviews yet?

2. Are you going to participate in any off-season tournaments?

3. Which round do you think you will be drafted in?

4. Are you happy with the San Diego Marlins?

5. Who do you think did the best this season on our team?

6. Would you come back to the San Diego Marlins next season?

1. No not yet! Open to any team, just want to be in a team that at least have invested the time to scout me.

2. Don't really know which one is available to my player, but I would like to!

3. My last player was selected in the first round so I hope this one will be too haha!

4. So far yes! Good locker room activity and since I joined the team we are winning so there is that...

5. Hunter or Ender were the two best forwards on the team and were almost at PPG game so I will go with one of them (or both).

6. Why not? My last player played there too so that would be cool! Not the same management, but I hope the team will have a better season than the last one.

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/28/2024

1. The season is over and we missed the playoffs, kind of sad but was a rebuilding season, so with that, my first question is: Who do you think will win it all?

2. Playoffs are going on in the NHL too so who do you have winning the Stanley Cup? (bonus: In how many games?)

3. How do you think I have done as an AGM?

4. Were you happy with how our season was based on our team?

5. With the season finished it's time to look ahead to next season and that leads me to the 5th question: Is there any specific team you want to be on next season?

6. Are you eligible for the VHL and VHLE drafts? 

On 4/28/2024 at 1:59 AM, meandyoc said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 4/28/2024

1. The season is over and we missed the playoffs, kind of sad but was a rebuilding season, so with that, my first question is: Who do you think will win it all?
Ottawa or Halifax look like favorites, I will give a slight advantage to Halifax but thats my own guess

2. Playoffs are going on in the NHL too so who do you have winning the Stanley Cup? (bonus: In how many games?)

I think Colorado will win it all this year, 6 games vs the Hurricanes.

I was here only a short time but had no issues, you were a great agm!

I had fun the short amount of time I was here, It was a good learning opportunity and it was great to be put on a team where I could immediately start as a goalie

5. With the season finished it's time to look ahead to next season and that leads me to the 5th question: Is there any specific team you want to be on next season?

No, I will go with whoever takes me and I will do my best to try to improve that team.

I don't think VHL draft next season but the season after that

I will go with Ottawa on this one!

I have Dallas winning it, but they have to go through Vegas and Colorado so it will not be easy...

I come up late with the team, so nothing bad to say haha!

Yeah it when alright! Being a point per game player coming late in the season is really nice!

Not really! It would be fun to win the Cup (whatever it is in the VHLM), but going into a active team would be even better.

Nope, it will be next season! Gotta be draft in the VHLM first ;)

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 5/5/2024

Off-season edition

1. Are you In the JST? Bonus question: If so what team?

2. What day should I do press conferences?

3. Do you have a favorite NHL team?

4. Do you watch any sports?

5. What is in your opinion the most important stat to upgrade?

6. Were you happy with the amount of ice time you saw?

1. Are you In the JST? Bonus question: If so what team?

Yes with the Steel! Good production so far with 4 pts in 5 games.

2. What day should I do press conferences?

At the beginning of the week!

3. Do you have a favorite NHL team?

Montréal and Pittsburgh mostly. Los Angeles and Colorado too.

4. Do you watch any sports?

Outside of hockey not that much.

5. What is in your opinion the most important stat to upgrade?

Defense first and I'm going Shooting after that.

6. Were you happy with the amount of ice time you saw?

Yup can't complain here while I was on the time for the last week.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/2/2024

1. I know this is not VHL-related but do you have any summer plans?

2. We have had a few sims, I didn't check them but I will soon, anyway, where do you think we will finish in our conference?

3. Who do you think will be our best player?

4. Were you happy to be drafted by San Diego?

5. I know we have only had 2 sims but are you happy with how the team performed so far?

6. The final question of this press conference is: how many goals do you think your player will finish with?

Edited by meandyoc

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 1:34 PM, meandyoc said:

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/2/2024

1. I know this is not VHL-related but do you have any summer plans?

2. We have had a few sims, I didn't check them but I will soon, anyway, where do you think we will finish in our conference?

3. Who do you think will be our best player?

4. Were you happy to be drafted by San Diego?

5. I know we have only had 2 sims but are you happy with how the team performed so far?

6. The final question of this press conference is: how many goals do you think your player will finish with?

1. nope nothing really, my client is just training

2. fourth place

3. hopefully not my client

4. yes she was but not anymore

5. no the marlins need a big trade

6. forty four

Edited by diacope

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/9/2024

1. Does your player have any special warmup they do before the game to get ready?

2. Last press confrence I asked if you were happy being drafted by San Diego. Now I ask: Were you happy with when you got drafted?

3. Last press confrence you said we needed a big trade, so in your opinion what would be a good trade for us? (Has to be resonable)

4. Are you happy with how your player has performed so far?

5. Who do you think will finish with the most goals on our team?

6. Who do you think the best player in the M will be?

Also for people not in the Discord, I am going to be at a summer camp until the 22nd so, no I'm not inactive, I'm just not able to access my computer. So fish may or may not do these, if he doesn't you can always use: Ask 3, Answer 3 as a replacment if you want.

23 hours ago, meandyoc said:

1. Does your player have any special warmup they do before the game to get ready?

2. Last press confrence I asked if you were happy being drafted by San Diego. Now I ask: Were you happy with when you got drafted?

3. Last press confrence you said we needed a big trade, so in your opinion what would be a good trade for us? (Has to be resonable)

Also for people not in the Discord, I am going to be at a summer camp until the 22nd so, no I'm not inactive, I'm just not able to access my computer. So fish may or may not do these, if he doesn't you can always use: Ask 3, Answer 3 as a replacment if you want.

1. Ahsoka likes to meditate on the opposing team's bench to mess with their heads.

2. Yes! Can't complain about 1st overall!

3. Probably 2 draft picks for a high end forward.

4. Yes! So proud of Ahsoka for getting into less fights and scoring more goals.

5. Dancalot probably. She's really fighting for those goals. 

6. Hopefully Ahsoka! But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:58 AM, meandyoc said:

1. Just channels the inner blue eyes white dragon.

2. I came here via waiver wire. But the overall feeling of being drafted is the best part of your player’s career in my opinion.

3. Let’s load up the offense and get some depth on the defensive corps without selling the farm. It is a retooling year so the assets are not highly available:

4. It’s not a bad start.

5. Seto Kaiba baby, nah Ahsoka seems like they got it.

6. That is a great question. I’m just getting back into the swing of things so if you ask again in a few weeks I should have an answer.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:58 AM, meandyoc said:

1. Not really. I try to relax because my nerves get the best of me. Does doing absolutely nothing count 😂 

2. I knew my position would slide, intentionally going inactive, but I was blessed with the 23rd spot 🐐. It would've been even better if the pool had more players it would have made it more dramatic, and I would have had the potential to go 94th overall 🎮 

3. Trading me away for several future players would have been clutch; I would have even spiced up the deal and stayed down a year if the other team needed it. Did the deadline pass? I just want to feel comfortable 👀, if it's out in the hallway so be it

4. Yes and no. Yes, because being a point producer is what I wanted, and no, because a majority of my teammates don't have the same mentality. I was hoping to find someone to team up with 😋 

5. After his recent efforts last week, I'm giving this to Sunderbruch; he can do it all and has the potential to keep up the good work with boosted teammates 💪 

6. Robin Sierra is a force to be reckoned with, you blink in one moment, and in the next they're up in your grills, blocking any chance to make a play. Spend enough time doing that, and you have a successful player ✅ 

Edited by diacope

San Diego Marlins Press Conference Week of 6/16/2024

1. New goalie new forward thoughts on recent moves?

2. No "last press conference" questions but out of your time with the team who has performed better than expected in your opinion and why?

3. Fish or Frogs?

4. I run out of questions fast so Tano has been rumored to be sneaking candy into the bench. What candy might that be?

5. Who would most likely die while trying to solve a murder mystery?

6. Do I suck at making press conferences? Yes or no?