TRADE ALERT: NYA/SEA

McWolf

Who won the trade?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WU2GfAKeo6-tJxxA62dvCVGB9rVSSl2q02c7C8FV

:nya:New York Americans receives

Joel Ylonen

:sea: Seattle Bears receives

S72 NYA 1st

Trade Analysis

The Seattle Bears are just coming back from back-to-back Continental Cup titles thanks to their insanely deep roster, so it only makes sense that they have to offload some great players down line to free some spot for rookies and shed some cap for their other stars. Such is the case in this trade, as the Bears send Joel Ylonen to the New York Americans in return for a 1st rounder in the Season 72 VHL Entry Draft. The Americans add a solid veteran presence in their depth chart, a forward that plays well on both ends of the ice, which is what they need, as they’re expected to take a step forward this year and make deep playoff runs in the next couple of campaigns.

Get to know the player

Joel Ylonen

It comes full circle for Joel Ylonen, who was initially brought into the league by the Americans when they selected him 3rd overall in the Season 64 Draft. He spent three seasons with them before being traded to the Calgary Wranglers and then the Seattle Bears, with whom he won two Cups, establishing himself as a great two-way forward with a knack for finding open teammates in front of the net, as he notched north of 40 assists, 60 points and 80 hits in each of the last three campaigns. The next season will be the penultimate in his career, as he looks forward to helping the team that drafted him to lift a Continental Cup too.

People mentioned: @Esso2264

VSN Writer McWolf

36 minutes ago, McWolf said:

being traded to the Calgary Wranglers and then the Seattle Bears

i traded myself to Seattle, who traded me to Calgary, who traded me back to Seattle, who traded me to New York so you can take it either side it the same shit

1 hour ago, Esso2264 said:

i traded myself to Seattle, who traded me to Calgary, who traded me back to Seattle, who traded me to New York so you can take it either side it the same shit

woah i missed that first one. Welcome back in NYA old fart ?